Amdocs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amdocs Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.1

Interview

Campus Interview - Questions were
    1. My internship related
    2. Find a bug in C code
    3. Why a particular algorithm is better

Manager asked questions about experience and if I can work long hours.
    Hiring was quick

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

SSME Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview

Hiring process was very easy, it appeared they wanted to take people for billing from AT&T.
    HR process is very slow and took more than a month to roll out offer.

Interview Questions

• it was easy, they wanted to know billing understanding   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amdocs.

Interview

My position was outsourced to Amdocs. No interview needed, merely accepted their offer.

Negotiation

I kept my original salary once transitioned.

SME Interview

Interview

Met them in Career Fair on Campus. I was contacted by a recruiter and asked for a phone interview. Phone Interview was simple. Next I was called on site.

On site was fun, people were kind and good. There was 4 rounds on site. I was asked a few programming questions to write on board. Another question was like designing a system with functions to implement.

Interview Questions

• Designing system by writing class diagrams and methods. Next making changes to existing classes for implementing new features.   Answer Question

Architect Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amdocs (Orlando, FL).

Interview

There was no interview / hiring process. We were outsourced from AT&T. The options were to come to Amdocs, or Not. If you choose Not, then you give up the prospect of meeting a date where you would become retirement eligible from AT&T. (would not be able to collect retirement benefits- unless Amdocs laid us off) So we really did not have a choice. Amdocs did lay off more than 1/2 the people in our group one year later.

Interview Questions

• was offered the same position that we were in before being outsourced. There was no one on one face to face contact   3 Answers

Negotiation

they paid exactly what we were making. But the bonuses have been much smaller than what AT&T paid.

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Interview

Campus Interview - Questions were
    1. My internship related
    2. Search Algorithm.
    Why a particular algorithm is better in a specific scenario.

Second Round:
    HR Interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing. It was the same offer for everyone

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amdocs in November 2012.

Interview

telephonic interview, followed by personal interview in the campus
    in personal campus interview was whole day
    4 different team member conduct the interview
    including lunch interview with break
    cover to and fro flight charges

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amdocs (Dallas, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview are positions based and purely technical and at a very detail level. It was telephonic interview. The interview touched upon all the subject area mentioned in the job profile. As it was a contract position for a client , I was informed of the result the next day and was told where I need to brush for the client interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you validate your LRF file. Here LRF means load ready file is not a common terminology.   Answer Question

Senior Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amdocs (Champaign, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

There was a quick phone screen and then an on-side interview. I spoke for about an hour with two directors and one manager. The questions were mostly addressing my history and what I wanted out of a job. They asked what my level of interest in various technologies was, and whether or not I felt okay with occasional on-call support.

Negotiation

The negotiation was very much a "take it or leave it", and then they required me to take a drug screen and a credit check. This is the first job I have ever had to take a drug screen for, it seemed inappropriate.

Director Data Warehousing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amdocs (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Typical HR screen telephone interview followed by out of country manager calling and reviewing qualifications. Next was a one-on-one interview with the "local" manager and a presentation to a panel of involved parties. Lastly a phone interview with the Sales VP.

Data Warehousing (DW) is a new focus for AMDOCS and they were looking a new sales reps to go back into existing telco clients and sell their services. Challenge is AMDOCS doesn't really understand what the product or service they want to sell is, and thus the value proposition is something you have to extrapolate for each client. My opinion is they AMDOCS has solid knowledge of the back office and Ops side of the telco business, but doesn't know how to frame their DW solution by anything but EIS and reporting.

Like lots of consulting organization this office seemed to be culturally diverse with a heavy percentage of Asians and middle easterners (cheap green card labor?) who seemed to have limited interactions with their cube mates

Interview Questions

• With a long history in the DW market there weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer