Amdocs Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2016

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amdocs (Seattle, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

There was first on call interview for about an hour in which there was one interviewer who asked Java questions and web services questions with example and then there was onsite interview for 2 hours of technical interview for contract position

Interview Questions

• Basic Object oriented questions, Spring questions and some database related questions like indexes.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amdocs (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

on-site interview, 4 hours (8AM-noon), have 5 separate interviews with software engineers and team leader, the software engineer ask for java code questions, and how to resolve issues. team leader asked some design questions and behavior question and previous work experience. After interview with engineer, go to a HR interview, most eligible status to work in USA, behavior questions.

SSME Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amdocs (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

One or two technical interviews. Simple questions on Java. They don't work on cutting edge stuff nor do they ask anything cutting edge. Java for Dummies should be good enough to prepare.

SSME Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amdocs (Seattle, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

you need an internal reference to get in easily.
    Most of the employess aslo relocate.

Negotiation

they will give the market going rate. nothing unpredictable

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amdocs (Seattle, WA) in December 2009.

Interview

The initial communication was pleasant and courteous as I had been referred by an employee of the company. I corresponded most with the HR Admin, who scheduled the phone and in-person interviews. I did a phone interview with a manager who asked questions mostly about my work history. She was very receptive and helpful in answering questions I had about the position and the company. I then came in for in-person one-on-one interviews with three employees as well as an Excel test and written skills test. The process took three hours, and I was scheduled for another interview with additional employees because key people were out of town. I came in a second time to interview time with another manager who asked tougher questions than the previous three I initially interviewed with. One question in particular was open-ended: "Tell me how you would handle a 4-week project..." The interviewer gauged how I handled stress, responsibility, teamwork, and handling a big workload. I was to interview with another key employee that day, but it was canceled after my first interview of the day. The work culture seemed to be high-paced and professional, and they are meticulous in bringing new people in, making sure they fit like they were meant to work there according to work history, education, personality, and work ethic.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can handle the workload of this position when you haven't had the experience handling such a workload?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amdocs (Seattle, WA) in December 2009.

Interview

Came in spoke to 3 people got the job the same day.

Negotiation

I gave them a number, they were going to bring me in as a temp, I said no thanks, they called be back a few hours later with what I wanted exactly, should have asked for more.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amdocs (Seattle, WA) in August 2009.

Interview

I'm speaking about the Seattle office, former QPass!!!

The first of all I got a phone interview, on the beginning some simple questions after that some more difficult. For example: we have 2 computers with very-very-very slow connection (1 kbit per second), on the both of them we have 100 000 gb files and we need to check are these the same or not.

After 7 days I got a F2F interview. Very polite and friendly - I was impressed: it was not an interview; it was more likely just technical conversations with friends. 7 persons, 45 min with each other, 30 min lunch break, but I was not tired at all.

Pretty smart questions, did not ask API or something like that, one guy asked some tricky API questions that's it. All others would like to take a look how you are thinking. For example: create a date model according entities, or extend application for improving performance etc.

So I cannot say was it difficult or not: there were not only answers for these questions.

The office. They work in not big rooms, 5-8 guys for each. I prefer cubicles, but it's just my point of view.

The rate: 45 USD/H. Not so big, it's less then in Vancouver, BC, Canada (I’m from there) and much less then in Toronto, ON, Canada or Calgary, Edmonton, AB, Canada. I don't know why, probably now the job market is pretty slow and they try to hire for small money.

One more thing: they said they don't have interviews with more than one person on the same time, or they like a candidate and hire him or try next one. Unfortunately they did like me. Probably it's just because I'm from Canada and they did not trust I'm going to work for them for a long time. It seems to be they hire for a contract and after that hire as employee. Probably they had another concern, I don't know.

But anyway I would like to work for them, I was pretty sad when they rejected me.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• we have 2 computers with very-very-very slow connection (1 kbit per second), on the both of them we have 100 000 gb files and we need to check are these the same or not.   1 Answer
    • Extend application for improving performance   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amdocs (Seattle, WA) in May 2008.

Interview

Spend to much efforts to solve all IQ tests, technical tests. The overall interview took the whole day in the office. The position requirements much higher then work assigned