Amec Foster Wheeler Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amec Foster Wheeler Engineering Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2013.

Interview

Panel of Engineers asking questions. They wanted me to ask questions and made sure that I was a good fit with the other people in the office. I was asked to give examples of my experience and show that I would be able to learn the new system that I would be working in if I were to be hired

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amec Foster Wheeler

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Hampton, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

They came to my university to conduct interviews. They called me for an onsite interview. I didn't hear back from them after that, even after emailing and calling them multiple times. The HR lady was really nice and understanding but there was nothing she could do. They had called one more person from my university, who went for the onsite interview - and he never heard back from them also.

Interview Questions

• They asked me specific questions about my internship experience. Basically they wanted to see my thinking process and what tools I used.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Dallas, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

i had an telephone interview and then decided to make the 3 hour drive to meet them. They paid for the hotel stay for the night but the next day when we meet for final negotioation and a job offer they paid for lunch.

Interview Questions

• educational role and level of compitentcy   1 Answer
    • Would i move to there lcoation   1 Answer

I felt like they were paying low for an Engineer with experincice. My final offer from them was lower by 20K then the job i did go ahead with instead in the exact same role. I was disappointed that they would insult candidates with experince by offering them below entry level compensation.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

Very easy interview, just asked the basics and went through job expectations

Interview Questions

• Describe your responsibilities in your current role and how they relate to the position for which you're interviewing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Very laid back interview with my soon to be boss. A few questions about my previous experience, nothing too difficult. He was very friendly, and made sure that I knew that the job required a lot of sitting (office job) and that we might have opportunities to go into the field. He also took the time to show me around the office, trying to see if I would like the environment.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Houston, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

CV, Cover letter and a couple of application questions. 30 minute Telephone interview. Assessment day with a group activity, technical interview and HR interview. Process took from November to February.

Good communication throughout from HR department.

Friendly staff on interview day, didn't feel as if they were trying to catch you out.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2011.

Interview

Self Introduction

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler in July 2010.

Interview

The interview was 1:1, and discussion was mostly on the technical capabilities

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler in December 2009.

Interview

Great culture, great people. The person who I spoke with was friendly and willing to provide his insight on his experience at AMEC. They did not have any openings at that time in the area that I was looking for but they suggested me to check back another time.