Amec Foster Wheeler Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Upon arrival I was asked to view a corporate video about the company philosophy of 'Doing the right thing' and this was followed by the arrival and meeting with the interviewers. From this point on it felt like a grilling - first about my A-Levels, then my degree and finally my PhD. I was then thrown some 'back of the envelope' physics questions, which appeared to be an opportunity for the interviewer(s) to feel good about themselves, which seemed evident from their hearty amusement as I struggled to think on the spot (not my forte). Once I had had the opportunity to flail around for about 20 minutes, I was asked how I felt about writing reports, and whether it would be something I'd struggle with... I think getting a PhD with publications pretty much demonstrates that this is something I can probably just about handle.

I decided after the interview that I wouldn't accept a job with that particular team even if I was offered it. I am not sure quite what atmosphere they are trying to create there... maybe they have a vacancy because someone gave up and left?!

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (London, England (UK)).

Interview

i have applied on Amec Foster Wheeler website. Then i have been contacted through email in order to arrange a phone interview. This lasted 45 minuts but the process didn't go further.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking for? If you were a super hero, what kind of power would you like to have and why? Are you willing to relocate in an other country?   Answer Question

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

The job was advertised internally. I applied direct with the hiring manager. Interview consisted of a run through of my previous jobs starting with the most recent. I was also asked some technical questions

Assistant Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Just a chat with a few formal box ticking questions and then just an informal conversation. The AD and principal consultant interviewed me and they were kind at put me at ease as soon as I was in there. Very good at answering my questions.

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process went well with the usual question. The guy who interviewed made me feel very relaxed and it was more about conversation between us than a hard interview. It was two part of interview but after the first one, they called me back that they would like to offer me the job so I didn't even go to the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why do you want to work here?
      Why are you leaving your job?
      Describe a situation where you have to make a challenging decision
      What is the best part of your role
      What can you bring to us and nobody else can't?   1 Answer

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

online application, interview, assessment centre

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Position was a graduate role. Face to face interview with discipline manager and HR representative. Not very technical, asked more about my previous work experience and explain what I had done. There were a lot of questions about interpersonal skills.
    Second round was a two day assessment centre. Again testing inter-personal skills rather than technical.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with someone that doesn't contribute enough?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate location.

Project Controls Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (London, England (UK)) in September 2008.

Interview

It took about 2 months to line up a telephone interview from the first contact with the recruiter about the position. It took another 5 months to line up for an interview in person. Very slow.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions at the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you are not quite happy with the offer (pay or job title) but you are still willing to accept because you are promised a quick growth and promotion, try and make sure you receive some gurarantees and timefarme for the growth and promotion. Otherwise you may get stuck for years with unsatisfactory status and/or pay that you got on day 1.