Amegy Corporation Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.3

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an-campus interview and was invited to interview with 3 upper-level individuals in the company's corporate office. The interviews were very much behavioral and didn't require much technical thinking.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 adjectives that your peers would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was called in to be interviewed with a representative from human resources. I was told that the hiring manager would follow up with me the following week. I never heard anything from either the human resource representative or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• the questions were very straight forward, standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial interview by phone and then in person at Houston Corp office. The recruiter was thorough and made me feel welcome like family. Like Guaranty Bank, they hire well which means good news on finding a good fit. Interviewed with the Branch Manager and Asst who were great people first and great bankers. This all occurred within one week and I am currently waiting to hear good news. This bank has great market share and reputation in this area. Looking forward to possibly working with the team! Kudos on this experience.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were behavioral to ensure a good team fit. This is of great value as to not waste any of our time. The job I am leaving was inaccurately portrayed as was the manager. The manager at the bank I am leaving is the worst manager I've worked with and taught me a valuable lesson. I appreciate the hiring process here at Amegy and it will be a great fit.   Answer Question

Teller II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Contacted over the phone, scheduled the interview, branch manager interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in joining retail banking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, HR personnel were very willing to consider my experience and extended a higher hourly rate for me and I accepted.

Teller II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was easy and didn't take a lot of time to complete. I interviewed with IR first and then the bank manager and teller manager at the branch. They hired me after those interviews.

Interview Questions

• Experience in the field before this job?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

First interview was with HR, where I was asked screening questions and also to take a writing test. The second interview was with the hiring manager, where we talked about my past experiences and my qualifications for the job - it was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict situation you were involved with, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Officer Development Program (Houston) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I had a 30 minute, first round interview on campus and was invited to a second round shortly after. The first interviewer was extremely nice, despite it being my 3rd interview of the day and not doing well. I am fairly certain it was my GPA that got me a second round interview regardless. The second round was 3 30-minute interviews with bankers from the corporate, commercial and international lending departments. Two went well and one didn't. Be weary of saying you don't want to be a lender, and just interested in credit risk roles. After the second round, I never got an offer or a decline and I am almost three weeks out. I would have loved a job though, the people seemed nice and the bank has a strong reputation in the Houston market too.

Interview Questions

• One of my interviewers had just gotten of the phone when I got to his office, and his questions and lack of preparation made for the worst interview of my life. The other two interviewers were great though, more about myself and my internship mostly.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Great, had the ability to meet with the three heads of BB at the time, learned more about the history of Amegy and the ODP program. had the chance to meet current analysis and were able to eat lunch and discuss the program and expcetations more

Interview Questions

• Do you feel prepared for work after college?   1 Answer

Teller III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Ask a lot of useless questions. Didn't seem interested in answers. The interview was short and pretty simple. The first interview was with an HR Representative. The second interview was with branch manager.

Commercial Loan Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Total 3 interviews from meeting someone from the HR department, hiring manager, and group panel. The interviews are meant to make sure you are the right candidate for the position and department. HR is to rule out the bad eggs out of the good eggs. Hiring manager wants to see if you know you thru the basic interview questions. The group panel is to find out if you are a team member. It was an extremely long process (it took about 1-2 months) but at the end, I see why they did what they did. To not waste their or your time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If they offer, counter-offer till you and HR meet in the middle of your ideal salary.