Amegy Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CREDit Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview

I applied through my university and was given an on-campus interview for their rotational credit analyst program. The interview was 1x1 with the university recruiter. it was a 30 minute interview that was all behavioral and very conversational. took about 4 weeks to get a rejection letter after the interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why this position, why finance, talk about prior internship, how would you convince someone to choose to be on your side of the field?   Answer Question

Officer Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

My first interview was on campus and was casual and really comfortable. The second interview was at the Bank where I had lunch with some of the employees before two one on one interviews that were both very conversation based.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an-campus interview and was invited to interview with 3 upper-level individuals in the company's corporate office. The interviews were very much behavioral and didn't require much technical thinking.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 adjectives that your peers would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was called in to be interviewed with a representative from human resources. I was told that the hiring manager would follow up with me the following week. I never heard anything from either the human resource representative or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• the questions were very straight forward, standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial interview by phone and then in person at Houston Corp office. The recruiter was thorough and made me feel welcome like family. Like Guaranty Bank, they hire well which means good news on finding a good fit. Interviewed with the Branch Manager and Asst who were great people first and great bankers. This all occurred within one week and I am currently waiting to hear good news. This bank has great market share and reputation in this area. Looking forward to possibly working with the team! Kudos on this experience.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were behavioral to ensure a good team fit. This is of great value as to not waste any of our time. The job I am leaving was inaccurately portrayed as was the manager. The manager at the bank I am leaving is the worst manager I've worked with and taught me a valuable lesson. I appreciate the hiring process here at Amegy and it will be a great fit.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

very easy process. took me 2 weeks to get hired after i applied online. the HR rep was very easy to work with and kept you up to date on the process. Appreciated that a lot.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview

I dropped my resume in my schools recruiting system. Then when my resume was selected I had my first round interview at my university. It was a 30 minute behavioral interview with someone that went through the program. There were no really tough questions. She was just trying to get to know me. About a week later I got a call to schedule a second round interview in Houston at their headquarters the following week. The second round was three 30 minute interviews with upper level management. Mainly behavioral questions. Amegy has a really great training program so I got the feeling they weren't concerned about my technical skills. They were just trying to get to know me and see if I was a good fit for their company. After the second round, you wait for a call about an offer.

Interview Questions

• First round- Tell me what you know about Amegy? Why Amegy?
      Second round- How do you feel about sales because as bankers that is part of our job? With the way banks are being portrayed in the media right now and the uncertainty of the economy, how do you feel about coming into the banking industry?   Answer Question

Officer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in September 2013.

Interview

I first talked with a representative from Amegy Bank at a career fair held by my university. They were impressed with my knowledge of the company and distinct questions about the program; so I advise to do the same to get an interview slot. I'm only in the first round still, but the entire interview process was behavioral. I rarely got asked question such as "tell me a time..." but was asked questions that allowed the interview to get to know my personality.

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated leadership abilities? Why and what do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Officer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview

Applied online through career center website. Met with the recruiters at on-campus career fair. Then had an on-campus interview. Behavioral type 30 minute interview. The interviewer was very nice and approachable. The whole application was easy, they were very flexible with my weird school schedule.

What do you know about Amegy bank? What other positions are you applying for?

Was offered a second interview at the headquarters, but I had already accepted another position.

Teller III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a month later, quick phone intervew, then we set up an interview at the headquarters about 45 minutes from where I live. Interview went well, she explained the process, and then sent me to another interview about 5 days later with the branch manager. Interview was very easy, they made me feel very comfortable most of it was about my experience and they explained some things about the position, got a call the next day to tell me they decided to persue another candidate.