Amegy Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

An outside firm was first used to vet applicants and also describe the position via phone. Then once the applicant pool was narrowed down, a face to face interview was conducted by the hiring manager, which was also the manger.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview

The interview process began with a screening by an HR reprentative. Then there was three face to face interviews. Director and two department managers interviewed me separately. Decision was made fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered more than I originally asked for. I felt as if the salary was well in market range.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Waco, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through my college hiring website. I received an email with my interview date and time options. The first round of interview was mainly behavioral. The interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to and followed up in a timely manner. They did not have any openings in the cities I preferred, however the interviewer gave me options to follow up were other positions to become available.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Great, had the ability to meet with the three heads of BB at the time, learned more about the history of Amegy and the ODP program. had the chance to meet current analysis and were able to eat lunch and discuss the program and expcetations more

Interview Questions

• Do you feel prepared for work after college?   1 Answer

Teller II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was easy and didn't take a lot of time to complete. I interviewed with IR first and then the bank manager and teller manager at the branch. They hired me after those interviews.

Interview Questions

• Experience in the field before this job?   1 Answer

Officer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in September 2013.

Interview

I first talked with a representative from Amegy Bank at a career fair held by my university. They were impressed with my knowledge of the company and distinct questions about the program; so I advise to do the same to get an interview slot. I'm only in the first round still, but the entire interview process was behavioral. I rarely got asked question such as "tell me a time..." but was asked questions that allowed the interview to get to know my personality.

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated leadership abilities? Why and what do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Personal Bankr Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in December 2011.

Interview

3 interviews, long process.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview

I dropped my resume in my schools recruiting system. Then when my resume was selected I had my first round interview at my university. It was a 30 minute behavioral interview with someone that went through the program. There were no really tough questions. She was just trying to get to know me. About a week later I got a call to schedule a second round interview in Houston at their headquarters the following week. The second round was three 30 minute interviews with upper level management. Mainly behavioral questions. Amegy has a really great training program so I got the feeling they weren't concerned about my technical skills. They were just trying to get to know me and see if I was a good fit for their company. After the second round, you wait for a call about an offer.

Interview Questions

• First round- Tell me what you know about Amegy? Why Amegy?
      Second round- How do you feel about sales because as bankers that is part of our job? With the way banks are being portrayed in the media right now and the uncertainty of the economy, how do you feel about coming into the banking industry?   Answer Question

Officer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview

Applied online through career center website. Met with the recruiters at on-campus career fair. Then had an on-campus interview. Behavioral type 30 minute interview. The interviewer was very nice and approachable. The whole application was easy, they were very flexible with my weird school schedule.

What do you know about Amegy bank? What other positions are you applying for?

Was offered a second interview at the headquarters, but I had already accepted another position.

Officer Development Program (Houston) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I had a 30 minute, first round interview on campus and was invited to a second round shortly after. The first interviewer was extremely nice, despite it being my 3rd interview of the day and not doing well. I am fairly certain it was my GPA that got me a second round interview regardless. The second round was 3 30-minute interviews with bankers from the corporate, commercial and international lending departments. Two went well and one didn't. Be weary of saying you don't want to be a lender, and just interested in credit risk roles. After the second round, I never got an offer or a decline and I am almost three weeks out. I would have loved a job though, the people seemed nice and the bank has a strong reputation in the Houston market too.

Interview Questions

• One of my interviewers had just gotten of the phone when I got to his office, and his questions and lack of preparation made for the worst interview of my life. The other two interviewers were great though, more about myself and my internship mostly.   Answer Question