Amegy Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amegy Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.3

Project Manager Interview

Interview

1 phone and 2 in person. Also had drug and mental testing. Month long hiring process. Was not bad. People were nice and did not make me feel uncomfortable.

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial interview by phone and then in person at Houston Corp office. The recruiter was thorough and made me feel welcome like family. Like Guaranty Bank, they hire well which means good news on finding a good fit. Interviewed with the Branch Manager and Asst who were great people first and great bankers. This all occurred within one week and I am currently waiting to hear good news. This bank has great market share and reputation in this area. Looking forward to possibly working with the team! Kudos on this experience.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were behavioral to ensure a good team fit. This is of great value as to not waste any of our time. The job I am leaving was inaccurately portrayed as was the manager. The manager at the bank I am leaving is the worst manager I've worked with and taught me a valuable lesson. I appreciate the hiring process here at Amegy and it will be a great fit.   Answer Question

Teller III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a month later, quick phone intervew, then we set up an interview at the headquarters about 45 minutes from where I live. Interview went well, she explained the process, and then sent me to another interview about 5 days later with the branch manager. Interview was very easy, they made me feel very comfortable most of it was about my experience and they explained some things about the position, got a call the next day to tell me they decided to persue another candidate.

Teller II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Contacted over the phone, scheduled the interview, branch manager interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in joining retail banking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, HR personnel were very willing to consider my experience and extended a higher hourly rate for me and I accepted.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

very easy process. took me 2 weeks to get hired after i applied online. the HR rep was very easy to work with and kept you up to date on the process. Appreciated that a lot.

Teller II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Dallas, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview took about an hour. Met with the Branch manager and the assistant branch manager. Before the initial interview with the branch managers, a HR person from the Houston area called and did a mini interview. All the salary negotiations were through the HR person.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an upset customer and had a long line out the door?
      How much cash handling experience did I have?
      Have I ever worked with someone I didn't get along with, and how did I handle it?
      What would you do if the bank got robbed?   1 Answer

Teller III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Ask a lot of useless questions. Didn't seem interested in answers. The interview was short and pretty simple. The first interview was with an HR Representative. The second interview was with branch manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in March 2007.

Interview

An HR rep called me to come in for the interview. I met with the HR person who told me that I would be meeting with the department supervisor. Some of my coworkers told me that they interviewed with the Supervisor and another person. She was pleasant and the interview went well. Later that week, or the next, the HR person called me back to the office to give me an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. She mostly asked questions that related to my past employment and how my skills would translate into success in her department.   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in January 2009.

Interview

You walk in and the place is jammed with small cubicles. The managers have about the same size cubes, but the are next to a window making them office like... The work space looked dated and unexciting. During the interview I met with 3 individuals, a manager, supervisor and associate. They drill you on certain aspects about the job and then want to get to know your personality so they ask what you do for fun ect... I could care less for the chit chat, let's stick to business... but when your in that type of environment, I guess you need the gossip to stay sane.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a typical analysis scenario and how you handeled it.   1 Answer

Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

just got a rejection letter, didn't call or email.