Amegy Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amegy Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.4

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

very easy process. took me 2 weeks to get hired after i applied online. the HR rep was very easy to work with and kept you up to date on the process. Appreciated that a lot.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview

I dropped my resume in my schools recruiting system. Then when my resume was selected I had my first round interview at my university. It was a 30 minute behavioral interview with someone that went through the program. There were no really tough questions. She was just trying to get to know me. About a week later I got a call to schedule a second round interview in Houston at their headquarters the following week. The second round was three 30 minute interviews with upper level management. Mainly behavioral questions. Amegy has a really great training program so I got the feeling they weren't concerned about my technical skills. They were just trying to get to know me and see if I was a good fit for their company. After the second round, you wait for a call about an offer.

Interview Questions

• First round- Tell me what you know about Amegy? Why Amegy?
      Second round- How do you feel about sales because as bankers that is part of our job? With the way banks are being portrayed in the media right now and the uncertainty of the economy, how do you feel about coming into the banking industry?   Answer Question

Teller II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was easy and didn't take a lot of time to complete. I interviewed with IR first and then the bank manager and teller manager at the branch. They hired me after those interviews.

Interview Questions

• Experience in the field before this job?   1 Answer

Officer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in September 2013.

Interview

I first talked with a representative from Amegy Bank at a career fair held by my university. They were impressed with my knowledge of the company and distinct questions about the program; so I advise to do the same to get an interview slot. I'm only in the first round still, but the entire interview process was behavioral. I rarely got asked question such as "tell me a time..." but was asked questions that allowed the interview to get to know my personality.

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated leadership abilities? Why and what do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

First interview was with HR, where I was asked screening questions and also to take a writing test. The second interview was with the hiring manager, where we talked about my past experiences and my qualifications for the job - it was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict situation you were involved with, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Officer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation.

Interview

Applied online through career center website. Met with the recruiters at on-campus career fair. Then had an on-campus interview. Behavioral type 30 minute interview. The interviewer was very nice and approachable. The whole application was easy, they were very flexible with my weird school schedule.

What do you know about Amegy bank? What other positions are you applying for?

Was offered a second interview at the headquarters, but I had already accepted another position.

Teller III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a month later, quick phone intervew, then we set up an interview at the headquarters about 45 minutes from where I live. Interview went well, she explained the process, and then sent me to another interview about 5 days later with the branch manager. Interview was very easy, they made me feel very comfortable most of it was about my experience and they explained some things about the position, got a call the next day to tell me they decided to persue another candidate.

Officer Development Program (Houston) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I had a 30 minute, first round interview on campus and was invited to a second round shortly after. The first interviewer was extremely nice, despite it being my 3rd interview of the day and not doing well. I am fairly certain it was my GPA that got me a second round interview regardless. The second round was 3 30-minute interviews with bankers from the corporate, commercial and international lending departments. Two went well and one didn't. Be weary of saying you don't want to be a lender, and just interested in credit risk roles. After the second round, I never got an offer or a decline and I am almost three weeks out. I would have loved a job though, the people seemed nice and the bank has a strong reputation in the Houston market too.

Interview Questions

• One of my interviewers had just gotten of the phone when I got to his office, and his questions and lack of preparation made for the worst interview of my life. The other two interviewers were great though, more about myself and my internship mostly.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Great, had the ability to meet with the three heads of BB at the time, learned more about the history of Amegy and the ODP program. had the chance to meet current analysis and were able to eat lunch and discuss the program and expcetations more

Interview Questions

• Do you feel prepared for work after college?   1 Answer

Teller III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amegy Corporation (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Ask a lot of useless questions. Didn't seem interested in answers. The interview was short and pretty simple. The first interview was with an HR Representative. The second interview was with branch manager.