Ameren Engineering Co-Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ameren Engineering Co-Op Interview Questions

Interviews at Ameren

3.1

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameren.

Interview

It was a phone screen that lasted about 15 minutes. They asked for basic information about school credits, gpa, etc. Then they asked a few standard interview questions afterwards. It was a simple and fast process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ameren

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

They encouraged questions and wanted to see what my thinking process was like. They have a structure that they follow. Ameren recruiters and interviewers will thoroughly explain the structure of the interview so that you can approach your answers to questions correctly.

Interview Questions

• Previous situations where I displayed leadership, figured out something that I knew nothing about, made a difficult decision, took sacrifices, diversity   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by their HR representative for an engineering co-op position from May 2014 through December 2014. Initially was told that the interview was for 1 hiring manager with 3 positions, but in reality was 3 hiring managers that had 1 position each. This completely threw me off and frustrated me. Students that do not hear back from Ameren will not receive emails in a timely manner either notifying them that they have not been chosen for the particular position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were accurate the first time in your calculations   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collinsville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameren (Collinsville, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview first. After which I was invited to a face to face interview. It was not super difficult, but explain how they have a different kind of interview style than other companies. I was asked very broad questions, most of which were not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time in which you were required to be analyze a dangerous situation, and make it safer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview from online application on the job alert site. Interview at headquarters in St. Louis, MO. Behavioral Interview with two employee panel. They alternated asking normal behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to take on a leadership role.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameren.

Interview

after I replied I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. after the phone interview I had an in person interview. they do a good job of preparing you to answer the interview questions

Interview Questions

• give an example of a time in which you demonstrated leadership   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameren (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

There was a phone screening at first, and once that passed I was asked to the engineering office for an interview. The interview was 2 engineers and 2 current co-ops. It was all behavioral questions, so as long as your have good examples, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• There is a pool of behavioral questions, I can't think of one in particular. They are just general questions you can find online. Just have some good examples and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

The behavioral interview had a few difficult questions that I wasn't prepared for. The interview was also very much a Q&A session, and the interviewer shut down any attempts to turn it into a conversation.