Amerex Group Assistant Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amerex Group

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amerex Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for a job with Amerex online for a Full-Time, Assistant Designer position and was promptly contacted by one of the head designers to come in for an interview. I was currently away on vacation so we opted for a Skype interview a few days later. When she called me to offer me the job, she informed me that they were looking to hire a freelance designer instead of the full-time position I applied for and asked me if i would be willing to freelance for a month with the possibility of being hired. I politely declined and told her to please contact me for any future full time opportunities. She then e-mailed me back saying that the owner was "willing" to hire me full-time at an extremely low entry level salary and I counteracted with a 5k raise, but still for the most, an entry level salary.

Once that was agreed upon, I told her I would not accept or put two weeks in to my current job until I had a signed offer letter in my hand upon meeting her and the owner for the first time. Since we had been in contact previously over the past week and I was told I was pretty much hired sans meeting the owner, it was a very laid back and casual meeting. I finally went in to meet him and he had no idea what my name was and instead, referred to me by the amount of salary I had requested. He then continued to question my credibility as a designer because I had worked in a different part of the industry in previous years, stating that a "designer is a designer", as if it's not an option to be talented in different areas. He had not asked to see my resume or portfolio, by the way. The interview finally ended with him telling me that they had someone in a different department helping the Head Designer (who he referred to by the wrong name) and that industry was tough right now (pertaining to my salary request) and that they would get back to me. He was pompous, rude and it was ALL about money. I would save your time and emotional efforts attempting to get a job here because if he had offered me $100k, I still wouldn't work there.