AmeriCares Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AmeriCares Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the recruiter who asked about my background and interests and then set up an in person interview with the Director. The interview was very comfortable and asked about my background and what I was interested in and discussed the position. I heard back the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation (Stamford, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

The hiring process for this opportunity came suddenly to fill the very big shoes of a very talented young Media Manager advancing their career outside the company. The interviews were carefully coordinated, bundled with a wealth of information and the expectations set are achievable as well as clearly defined and laid out.

The HR representatives warmly welcomed me to the organization and presented a truly wonderful and insightful overview of the history of AmeriCares, the expectations of the role, and a solid first step on what my first 90 days will comprise of.

Overall the HR team follows in their leadership's values and professionalism, transforming what seemed like an overwhelming spot to fill into an achievable and desirable employment opportunity. Truly excited.

Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation.

Interview

The interview was an hour long, we discussed the job, the work environment, my background and experiences. They asked how I would react in certain relevant scenarios, what I was comfortable with, and how my skills could apply to the job. Nothing surprised me or caught me off guard.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation (Stamford, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied in April, which was fairly late in the process. I applied via the AmeriCares website. I got a call a few weeks later asking if I was interested in the position they had open. The interview was just one Skype behavioral interview.

Global Partnerships Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation (Stamford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

I received two interviews. The first was a brief phone screening from the hiring manager, where I was asked basic questions about my interest and knowledge about the company. The second interview was a half hour interview with the supervisor. In the second interview, I was asked to speak in the target language.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I knew how use databases and pivot tables.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation (Stamford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

it was a great process, not much was different than other interviews. They were very nice about everything and I moved on to the next process. Regular things. Just do your research and you will do great. Prepare yourself as you should with any interview.

Communications Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation in November 2014.

Interview

It almost seemed like the company was really desperate to hire someone. The person I spoke to on my first interview was rude and didn't seem like he cared about his job. Turned me off completely. I think that if the people who work there were better representatives of the company, I would be writing a completely different review. I want to work somewhere with high employee morale.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty basic, but asked a lot about non-profit experience.   Answer Question

AmeriCares Foundation Response

Aug 25, 2015 – Director of Talent Management

We're sorry that this was your impression during our interview process. First impressions are certainly important, both on the candidate and employer side. We aren't doing our job properly if we... More

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview and then a panel interview. Questions are asked about previous experiences, analytical, technical and behavioral questions. Interview is more like a conversation that you engage in. Interviewers are very positive and they have a great attitude. I think they study your body language and behavior. If you pass the in-person interview they give you an assessment to do (relevant to the duties in your role)

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about a random technical skill in your resume. Be prepared to answer exactly how you performed it!   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Standard. Very quick with follow up. Every one I talked to was very friendly.

Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCares Foundation (Stamford, CT) in July 2011.

Interview

They started with a phone interview. After that I had an in-person interview at the HQ, where I met with HR and the direct manager for the position. My third interview was again in-person at the office, where I met with the direct manager, the HR director, and about four other people all involved in the job in some way. Each interviewed me after I took an editing test.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't call it difficult, but the most frequently asked question in the third round was how I worked. I'm not sure what they were looking for in this answer, but everyone asked it. Specifically they asked how I went about finding out information for the stories I would be writing. I could only draw on prior experience for this one - and I'm not sure it was what they were looking for. The best question I was asked concerned what my favorite piece of writing was, and why.   Answer Question