AmeriCorps AmeriCorps VISTA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.4

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Applied online and got called for a phone interview a week later. I then had a follow-up interview. It took about 1-2 weeks for them to hear back. I had general interview questions on why I was doing AmeriCorps and to see whether I would be a good fit for the org.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AmeriCorps

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews- one with the program, and the other with the university. This was then followed by an in person interview at the University. If unable to interview in person, you will be asked to interview via Skype. It was a normal question/ answer interview process. The in person interview involved a few scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge that you have overcome in the work place?   Answer Question
    • What is a common misconception that people have about you?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you value in co-workers?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about prioritizing what to do in a workplace where there are no clear instructions?   Answer Question

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Interview process is phone interview where your background in service is discussed, interest, and previous work experience. It is very welcoming and open interview that makes interviewee feel comfortable communicating with interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Called for an informational phone call interview and was not prepared for it to be an interview be cause they said it would just be a talk. Shared information about the organization. Asked a few questions but mostly wanted to answer questions. Having questions ready is best because they ask often if you have any questions. Then it leads to a written exercise before receiving a second interview with a manger.

Interview Questions

• Can you share a time where you had to collaborate with others? How did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working for VISTA?   Answer Question

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Interview

There are 3 steps in the interview, first is a sort of screening call, second is a phone interview with the actual site you would be placed it, and the third is an in-person or skype interview.
    They will ask you questions about why you are interested in the position, if you can live on the monthly stipend, if you know the history of AmeriCorps VISTA, and how it relates to your future goals. The site interview will be specific to where you would actually be working.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in May 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first interview was a short 15-minute interview to get to know me. The second-round interview was another short interview, about 20 minutes long. They both asked common questions that focused more on my past experience but weren't behavorial interview questions. I was offered the position, but unfortunately had to decline.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this program?
      What skills do you have that relate to this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Durham, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I received an email offering an interview spot and interview was conducted via phone. It felt very awkward - the interviewer didn't seem to want to converse naturally and shot each question right after another making me feel like I was being interrogated. I had a question regarding the time of the position, and I was told that they would get in touch. It's been more than a month and still nothing. I wish they at least gave off a feeling of genuinely and excitedly wanting to recruit new passionate people. Did not feel welcome. Felt like the interviewer wanted to get the deed done ASAP and then move on with her life.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

The interview was a brief process that lasted one hour. They asked standard questions about my interests and reason for joining. The focus on the interview was geared more towards the position and the location than on the AmeriCorps aspect.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the sponsor head organization. Considering I was in the area I then had an in person interview at the nonprofit, site location with my actual supervisor. Both of which were very friendly and relaxed.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

phone interviews - usually a first round with a VISTA Coordinator/Leader where they ask you questions about yourself, your working style, why you want to be a VISTA and then a second interview with somebody form the sponsoring organization where they ask questions more specific to position you applied for