AmeriCorps City Year Corps Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AmeriCorps City Year Corps Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

City Year Corps Member Interview

Interview

Excellent and very detailed - received great information on the upcoming service year. Benefits were clearly explained as well. I was impressed by how the interviewer responded to my answers and he seemed to make the interview feel very casual.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AmeriCorps

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Online app is pretty easy, couple of essays, background info, recommendations

It seems some people may have 2 interviews, I only had one by phone. Look up past questions on glassdoor and you should be good to go.
    Also keep your answers concise, and make sure that you answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff, what is your proudest accomplishment....   Answer Question

City Year Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

I submitted my application online. There's a lot of back-and-forth emailing. The recruiters are very active and helpful. Then they set up a time for a phone call - and that was it! A 30-minute phone call. It seems like the earlier you submit, the more likely you are to get your #1 location.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions… "Describe a situation where you overcame issues with a member of the team and how you did that." They also want to make sure you're persistent but realistic - and not just thinking that you're going to change every kid's life that easily. It seemed like most of their questions were geared towards, "so what are you going to do when a kid isn't cooperating?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. They asked about strengths, weaknesses, and significant achievements in your life. They also asked about any experience I have had with children.