AmeriCorps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AmeriCorps Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

3.1

Vista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in May 2017.

Interview

I had an phone interview. Maybe because I've already done Americorps back a decade ago, but it was really bad. The screener seemed to hate me for some reason.

Land Steward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaylord, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Gaylord, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Went through the process of the job responsibilities and how I would react in certain situations on a given project. Most questions related on how I could relate some of the challenges of the job could relate to past experiences. The interview overall felt fine; there were questions that I answered well on and some that I did not know how to answer or messed up on completely

Interview Questions

• If you had trouble contacting someone, how or what would you do in order to get into contact or leave a message for them?   Answer Question

Literary Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Waldorf, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

The application process included an online application, phone interview and Skype interview. The phone interview takes about 15 minutes, you are asked about details on your resume. You are also required to have two references that Americorps will send emails to for a questionaire. After this there is a skype or face to face interview. Questions are asked in many categories, including whether you understand the job description, whether you can live on the stipend and what can you uniquely bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep things interesting if you find the position getting repetitive?   Answer Question

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Durham, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I received an email offering an interview spot and interview was conducted via phone. It felt very awkward - the interviewer didn't seem to want to converse naturally and shot each question right after another making me feel like I was being interrogated. I had a question regarding the time of the position, and I was told that they would get in touch. It's been more than a month and still nothing. I wish they at least gave off a feeling of genuinely and excitedly wanting to recruit new passionate people. Did not feel welcome. Felt like the interviewer wanted to get the deed done ASAP and then move on with her life.

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

You have to write short essays before applying to any opportunity. The essays are brief. Once this is done you can go ahead and apply for any available position nation wide.

Reading Corps Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

I Had 2 phone interviews. In the first we mostly talked about locations, but there were also some basic interview questions. The second we talked more about experiences I have had, and how that could help me with this job. I received an email soon afterwards telling me I did not get the job.

Americorps VISTA Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview is given at a round table conference room with others who also applied for the job. Declined job via email after interviewer failed to reply. Interviewer had no clue of who I was when I arrived although I had communicated with her via email before arrival.

Interview Questions

• Which borough would you be interested in volunteering?   1 Answer

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Interview

It was very relaxed and informal. They asked standard questions, mainly about what led you to applying to AmeriCorps. They also give your information about the program. It's also important to know how AmeriCorps will fit into your long term plans. There are a lot of opportunities to ask questions which is nice.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

I applied for Pittsburgh Health Corps and Compass AmeriCorps, both groups based in Pittsburgh, PA. I went to a totally of eight interviews - one with the director of health corps, one with Compass, and six on-site interviews.

There are two problems with AmeriCorps. The first problem is they strongly prefer hiring college graduates with little to no experience. By the time I graduated I already have done three internships and one research fellowship. I wanted to join AmeriCorps to help my community, but I was rejected by all six on-site interviews because I was apparently "overqualified" to them. Meanwhile, two of my friends with little work experience out of college got accepted into AmeriCorps so easily. The second problem is most AmeriCorps positions require or recommend that you have reliable transportation. I can't imagine living on less-than-minimum wages while having a car (maintain it, pay for gas, pay for car insurance). Not to mention you are already struggling to pay for rent, phone bills, and buy groceries. If you want to join AmeriCorps and don't want to struggle with finances, you must fit in the "perfect" category of a college graduate that has little or no job experience, has a car and somehow able to keep it, and lives with his/her parents or five roommates.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to join AmeriCorps?
      2) How do you motivate yourself at work while living on a small stipend?
      3) What do you want to do after the AmeriCorps term is over (full-time job or graduate school?)
      4) Why are you interested in helping your community and addressing social issues?
      5) Are you willing to work with low-income, poor, and minority families?
      Answer Question

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in April 2014.

Interview

applied to americorps online, sent in resume to listed contact on americorps website just to be safe, received phone interview next day from a woman different than the listed contact, scheduled interview for later that week. Was supposed to find out three days later yes or no and never heard back...