AmeriCorps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.4

191 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Applied online and got called for a phone interview a week later. I then had a follow-up interview. It took about 1-2 weeks for them to hear back. I had general interview questions on why I was doing AmeriCorps and to see whether I would be a good fit for the org.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

I was asked very basic questions about my work style and my ability to interact with others. It was not a particularly lengthy interview process and the environment where I was interviewing felt very welcoming.

Vista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in May 2017.

Interview

I had an phone interview. Maybe because I've already done Americorps back a decade ago, but it was really bad. The screener seemed to hate me for some reason.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews- one with the program, and the other with the university. This was then followed by an in person interview at the University. If unable to interview in person, you will be asked to interview via Skype. It was a normal question/ answer interview process. The in person interview involved a few scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge that you have overcome in the work place?   Answer Question
    • What is a common misconception that people have about you?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you value in co-workers?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about prioritizing what to do in a workplace where there are no clear instructions?   Answer Question

Interview

Excellent and very detailed - received great information on the upcoming service year. Benefits were clearly explained as well. I was impressed by how the interviewer responded to my answers and he seemed to make the interview feel very casual.

Summer Reads Vista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Information session
    Group discussion ( This is your time to shine!) One of the questions were what issues are you faced with as a pair after a reading a challenge prompt (You'll be working in a pair)
    One on one interview with two other people

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and you goals relating to having this work experience
      Why are you interested in working for summer reads?
      What experience do you have working with kids?
      Alot of situational questions about how you will handle certain situations that arise with kids
      Ask questions at the end when they ask do you have any   1 Answer

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Interview process is phone interview where your background in service is discussed, interest, and previous work experience. It is very welcoming and open interview that makes interviewee feel comfortable communicating with interviewer.

Construction Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (New Orleans, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

An interview was set up upon call of inquiry. I was asked to come in for further information and analysis. When I arrived, I sat in an office with the offices feild supervisor & instructors; who you'd spend most your time with. After some mild questions, I received a tour of the facility and an overview of it's functions within.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll mind getting dirty?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few weeks later! Then a small phone interview ensued and I was offered the job. I accepted on the Americorps website and my orientation was the next week!

Interview Questions

• Are you aware about the small pay?   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consisted of a three part process. First, a phone screening, followed by a group interview with three people. The final step was a phone call interview with the Executive Director.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with Spanish-speaking populations?   Answer Question