AmeriCorps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AmeriCorps Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.4

Intern Interview

Interview

Easy.

Jumpstart Tutor Interview

Interview

The interview was straight-forward.

Negotiation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Submit an app they call you for a group interview and a one on one interview

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. You live on what you get

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Had to complete an online application and after I finished was asked a series of yes or no interview questions (within a month ).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i had to take the salary they offered

Mentor Recruiter Interview

Interview

This position was referred to me, by someone that had oversight of the program. There was about 2 weeks between turning in my application and the actual interview process.

The program was working directly with a School District so the Director of Community Engagement for the school district administered the interview.

The interview was typical direct questions of
    -Tell me about yourself
    - Why are you interested in Americorps VISTA?
    - What skills (from experience) will you be able to bring to being a recruiter?
    -What are some challenges that you foresee and how will you maneuver?

There was also a portion of time when the Director was trying to make sure that I knew what I was getting into and that it was volunteer... she wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to quit because she felt my education level was higher than many of the other volunteers.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult (standard general questions). The interview is more of a time of them getting to know you and an informational for seeing if it is an opportunity of interest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. Americorps VISTA is a stipend program and you know the details of the stipend prior to interviewing.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview about AmeriCorps in general, then 2nd interview about the specific position.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Interview

Apply Online. Pick specific areas like education, healthcare, etc to see the programs that are running in the specific area you want. The director of each program contacted me to set up an interview. The interview was a panel style interview with the returning members being there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, its a stipend

Interview

Very lengthy, done completely over the phone. The process also required in-depth recommendation forms to be filled out by people who can attest to your character and abilities. There is also an in-depth questionnaire about your experience in community work and why you think you would make a good AmeriCorps.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Varies a lot based on the site--had interviews over Skype and phone, with some sites doing multiple rounds of interviews.
    Common questions across all were, "How prepared are you to live on the [low] VISTA living allowance?" "How are your Spanish skills? [since I was interviewing for Spanish-speaking nonprofits]"

Interview Questions

• How prepared are you to live on the VISTA living allowance?   1 Answer

Interview

I'm pretty sure I just submitted an application online and was quickly called in for a face-to-face interview. I did the interview, and was hired that day. I think it's because no one else wanted to do the job.