AmeriCorps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.5

City Year Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

There is a phone interview. It was very basic. Just answer all questions honestly and reiterate your passion for working with youth. Use real life examples and read a little about City Years mission and history.

Vista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Rock Hill, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

First you submit an application and references to the AmeriCorps portal. Then I applied to serve with South Carolina Campus Compact. After submitting my resume and cover letter to SCCC I then received an interview time and date. After interviewing with the Executive Director, I was sent on to interview with the potential colleges that I would be serving at.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working and engaging with diverse populations?   Answer Question

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Long Is City, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

For a VISTA position, I had about an hour long interview that felt personal and like a real conversation with my interviewer. It was a welcoming environment and felt they really listened to what you had to say. They also write down your answers to send to Americorps offices.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Applied online and got called for a phone interview a week later. I then had a follow-up interview. It took about 1-2 weeks for them to hear back. I had general interview questions on why I was doing AmeriCorps and to see whether I would be a good fit for the org.

Construction Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (New Orleans, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

An interview was set up upon call of inquiry. I was asked to come in for further information and analysis. When I arrived, I sat in an office with the offices feild supervisor & instructors; who you'd spend most your time with. After some mild questions, I received a tour of the facility and an overview of it's functions within.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll mind getting dirty?   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

I was asked very basic questions about my work style and my ability to interact with others. It was not a particularly lengthy interview process and the environment where I was interviewing felt very welcoming.

Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

There was an extensive interview process which included a detailed city and federal background check. After successful completion of necessary documentation, I was hired into the program. This process took about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• One thing that I was asked was if I was familiar with cultural relevance.   Answer Question

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews- one with the program, and the other with the university. This was then followed by an in person interview at the University. If unable to interview in person, you will be asked to interview via Skype. It was a normal question/ answer interview process. The in person interview involved a few scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge that you have overcome in the work place?   Answer Question
    • What is a common misconception that people have about you?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you value in co-workers?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about prioritizing what to do in a workplace where there are no clear instructions?   Answer Question

Americorps VISTA Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Fill out an online application then do an over the phone interview. Phone interview was easy and fast. Easiest job I ever applied to. Asked in depth questions about passions and drive. Management was easy to talk to.

Vista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in May 2017.

Interview

I had an phone interview. Maybe because I've already done Americorps back a decade ago, but it was really bad. The screener seemed to hate me for some reason.