AmeriCorps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.4

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Laid back setting. The interview will likely include making your own lesson plan for students. Best to make it as interactive as possible. Mines was a group interview so you had to do your best to stand out but the best way to do that with your lesson plan. Please dress business casual the panel will most likely include a group of young professionals (millennials)

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Durham, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I received an email offering an interview spot and interview was conducted via phone. It felt very awkward - the interviewer didn't seem to want to converse naturally and shot each question right after another making me feel like I was being interrogated. I had a question regarding the time of the position, and I was told that they would get in touch. It's been more than a month and still nothing. I wish they at least gave off a feeling of genuinely and excitedly wanting to recruit new passionate people. Did not feel welcome. Felt like the interviewer wanted to get the deed done ASAP and then move on with her life.

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Tacoma, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from one of the supervisors wanting to schedule me for an interview. They were flexible and offered Skype or a phone-interview in-lieu of an in-person interview. Thankfully this position was local for me, so I sat in front of a four person panel and answered basic questions about my relevant work experience. It was a friendly atmosphere overall. I only had the initial interview before I was offered the position and it didn't start until about 3-4 weeks later at the first of the next month.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever developed and implemented a communication campaign?   1 Answer

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Detroit, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was quick and simple. They wanted to know what area I was interested in working in and the experience I could bring to the table. Two supervisors interviewed me. Staff who were in the office were very friendly and courteous.

Interview Questions

• "Can you work with populations/in areas that might make you uncomfortable?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it is a fixed stipend.

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

You have to write short essays before applying to any opportunity. The essays are brief. Once this is done you can go ahead and apply for any available position nation wide.

Community HealthCorps Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The whole process was very slow, it took about two months. Started with a phone interview then interview with program coordinator and site coordinator. Be ready to answer why you are passionate about the community and why you want to serve. If your heart is in it you will do great they will see what you are passionate about serving.

4-H Capital AmeriCorps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied to the job through the My AmeriCorps website, and then got an email from the project coordinator. I was asked in for an interview, and told that in addition to normal interview questions, I would need to prepare a mini-lesson to demonstrate my teaching style. My interviewers role-played the children in my classroom, and I presented my lesson to them. Afterwards they asked me questions and I answered, as per a normal interview.

Interview Questions

• What does community service mean to you, and why is it important?   Answer Question

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I had an initial interview with my host site. Nothing too intimidating. Just the usual questions. They are trying to get a feel for your experience, passion for the cause and location, and whether or not you are a good fit for the program. My second interview was with my sponsoring organization (not all sites have this). It was the exact same as the first interview, but with a different person.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in your first 90 days of service if offered the position?   Answer Question

Academic Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in December 2015.

Interview

I went through two rounds of interviews. The first one was with the director of the AmeriCorps program from my school system. The second interview was with a site supervisor from the school I wanted to tutor in. Both interviews went well.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

The interview was a brief process that lasted one hour. They asked standard questions about my interests and reason for joining. The focus on the interview was geared more towards the position and the location than on the AmeriCorps aspect.