AmeriCorps Research Coordinator and Volunteer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.4

205 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

One-on-one interview with a senior HR member. Not stressful and no need to "prove oneself." It's just a matter of showing you care about serving deserving students and that you can handle the job/year.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AmeriCorps

Americorps VISTA Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

I was called in and interviewed by two employees of the organization I would be working for. They asked me about my qualifications for the specific duties listed on the job application, so this will vary from person to person.

They asked me if I was okay getting so little money (it is a very measly pay-which I knew going in).

Community Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Houston, TX).

Interview

Group interview, but it was so unorganized and the interviewers were late and confused on how they even wanted to interview everybody. They asked the same 19 questions from what seemed to be a google doc and they all weren't even aware of how to work it. I could also see some scores for certain candidates as they interviewed. It was awful. It lasted maybe 3 hours for no reason. Nobody knew how they even wanted the interviews to go.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions ?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Interview

first you get a phone call which is about 20 mins. then face to face interview about 30 mins with two interviewers. Overall it is pretty good. they make you feel welcoming. Theinterview went well. It didnt take long to get back from them.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Applied online and got called for a phone interview a week later. I then had a follow-up interview. It took about 1-2 weeks for them to hear back. I had general interview questions on why I was doing AmeriCorps and to see whether I would be a good fit for the org.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Long Is City, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

For a VISTA position, I had about an hour long interview that felt personal and like a real conversation with my interviewer. It was a welcoming environment and felt they really listened to what you had to say. They also write down your answers to send to Americorps offices.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

I was asked very basic questions about my work style and my ability to interact with others. It was not a particularly lengthy interview process and the environment where I was interviewing felt very welcoming.

Vista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in May 2017.

Interview

I had an phone interview. Maybe because I've already done Americorps back a decade ago, but it was really bad. The screener seemed to hate me for some reason.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews- one with the program, and the other with the university. This was then followed by an in person interview at the University. If unable to interview in person, you will be asked to interview via Skype. It was a normal question/ answer interview process. The in person interview involved a few scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge that you have overcome in the work place?   Answer Question
    • What is a common misconception that people have about you?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you value in co-workers?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about prioritizing what to do in a workplace where there are no clear instructions?   Answer Question

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Tulsa, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a call two days after I sent tha application. Did a phone interview, interview was about 10- 15 minutes. The supervisor offered me the job on the spot and I was to start immediately.

Interview Questions

• What are the things you do to distress? How would you deal with a difficult parent?   Answer Question