AmeriCorps Vista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in May 2017.

Interview

I had an phone interview. Maybe because I've already done Americorps back a decade ago, but it was really bad. The screener seemed to hate me for some reason.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AmeriCorps

Anonymous Employee in Moab, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Moab, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

I was pre-interviewed by the local VISTA Leader before interviewing with my site supervisor. The pre-interview was more about my general fit in the community (small town, whether I am type A or B, etc.) and my second interview with the supervisor was specific to the position.

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Rock Hill, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

First you submit an application and references to the AmeriCorps portal. Then I applied to serve with South Carolina Campus Compact. After submitting my resume and cover letter to SCCC I then received an interview time and date. After interviewing with the Executive Director, I was sent on to interview with the potential colleges that I would be serving at.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working and engaging with diverse populations?   Answer Question

Vista Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in February 2010.

Interview

The first interview took place with a VISTA leader and was a pre-screening to see if I thought the job was the right fit for me. The second interview was with a supervisor and was more detailed, then I went in for a third interview with the same supervisor and the person on the next highest rung. I went through potential scenarios of what might happen at my job (somewhat like role playing activities) and was questioned about my previous experience and interest working here.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the grantee receiving funds doesn't have time to report their grant? How would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation -- VISTAs are paid through the Corporation of National & Community Service and is a set rate based on location.