America First Credit Union Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

America First Credit Union Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at America First Credit Union

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at America First Credit Union (West Valley City, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Waited a week for the follow up call. He asked me to come in for an interview. We introduced ourselves and began, he asked why I had such short periods of time for employment and why a big gap from past job until now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a fellow employee? How did you resolve that?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for America First Credit Union

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at America First Credit Union (Riverdale, UT) in January 2009.

Interview

My friend worked for the company in Human Resources so when I applied I made sure to put his name on the application. The entry level position you need to put in for is "Member Service." This could mean one of two things, you will either be a teller at a branch or in the Customer Service Call Center. They called me to one of their Salt Lake Offices for my first interview. It was just a simple screening interview with basic skills, background and get to know you questions. My second interview was more intense but not like they were grilling me just more serious and more in depth questions. It was done by a Senior Manager and he asked me about my dealings with the Credit Union. I said I only had a savings and checking. He also asked me what I knew about America First Credit Union. I fumbled this one and started mumbling something about branches across Utah and eventually said I wasn't sure. Here is why I got the job though: sales. All my previous work experience had been in sales. He liked that and said America First was actually a sales job as well. He said you are always selling in any industry. Whether you are selling yourself or the company. Who you are and how you act says volumes about the company. He asked me what branch I wanted to work at. I knew I had the job. The last interview was from my branch manager which was fun, relaxed and enjoyable. A few days later they called me and told me I had gotten the job!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Credit Union's History?   Answer Question
    • Relate a time when you had a challenge on the job and were able to overcome the challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at America First Credit Union (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2019.

Interview

I had an interview with HR at a larger branch first (SLC), then he referred the best interviewees to the branch they applied to. The next day, I recieved a call from the branch and we set up and interview for the following day. After that interview, I recieved a call and they offered me the job. The interview process was fairly casual (I dressed business casual still of course) and each interview only lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you and a customer had a miscommunication that you had to resolve.   Answer Question
    • What kind of responsibilities do you have at your current job?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you couldn't give a customer exactly what they wanted and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable handling money?   Answer Question
    • In your past jobs, have you been responsible for managing and counting your own till at the end of the day?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about the sales aspect of the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at America First Credit Union (Sandy, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Its a two step interview. You first have an interview with human resources, that is how you get hired by the company.
    The second interview is to get hired by a branch.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why they should hire me and not the other candidates   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at America First Credit Union (Ogden, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a VP and then had a second interview. I followed up with the hiring manager and then eventually a 3rd interview before I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to accomplish in the next 2 years - 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at America First Credit Union (Riverdale, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online. Then had my first interview with an HR Generalist at the AFCU Operations Center in Riverdale, UT. I then had my second interview at an actual branch that was hiring.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience like with referrals or cross selling?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at America First Credit Union (Sandy, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

When I interviewed it was very confusing. I interviewed with my future manager, but that was unbeknownst to me as I interviewed. They gave the impression that I was interviewing with someone in their HR department, when really it was the person I would be working with full time. I wouldn't have changed things, but it was weird because other tellers and employees in my branch were not interviewed by the manager, but by other people in the business.

Interview Questions

• One question they asked me was how I was motivated.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at America First Credit Union.

Interview

First meet with an HR Generalist who will then pass you along to the hiring manager once you've "passed". The interview with the Generalist is more for them to get a vibe for what you're really all about. Most people make it past this step with ease. The tricky part is being interviewed by the hiring manager which will ask more elaborate and job specific questions.

Interview Questions

• How great are you with angry or upset members (customers)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at America First Credit Union (Sandy, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I then met with a member of the HR department for an interview. The next week there was a meeting in a branch. I received the offer for the position the week after the branch interview.

Interview Questions

• What style of management do you prefer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at America First Credit Union (Riverdale, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day, and interview the day after. Fairly standard sales interview. Probing questions about previous work and life experiences, specific examples asked for, I.E. describe an instance where you dealt with conflict with another employee, what skills do you bring to the table would be a benefit to our company? The interviewer described his own experience starting as a teller and moving up to an HR generalist.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.