America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses

2.0

Sort:

Optometric Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses in November 2015.

Interview

I got a call for the interview few days later went to the interview ... Few questions in out will call in a few weeks... So im waiting on a phone call to see if im hired or not.. Will be waiting!

Interview Questions

• What would you do first your taking care of a patient but the phone rings???   1 Answer

Contact Lens Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (Littleton, CO) in July 2010.

Interview

Manager was very laid back. Very good interview, easy questions. The interview was very short. Just asked what I expected from the company and how I will benefit from working here, Basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Contact Lens Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (Ankeny, IA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of a few brief questions about how you would handle different customer situations. All the employees were very friendly and welcoming. I was hired on the spot, then they have Vericon check out your history. Vericon got me mixed up with another person since they do not use your social security number but only variations of your name and birth date. They are very unreliable in doing background checks. After getting my own name cleared by going to the DCI, I was able to begin work.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The interview went extremely smoothly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There base pay of $10 hr. plus an additional $1 hr. for being a keyholder was a great starting pay. You also earn bonuses for selling the customer's the club, which is very easy to do.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very short. I met with the manager for a 15 minute interview asking what I would do under differing circumstances. I needed to pass a drug screen and a background check. I was hired on the spot and started the job within the week.

Interview Questions

• You will be hired more on your character and desire to work hard. There is no way to prepare for the questions because the questions will be based on your manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was comparable to other employers based on my location.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (Phila, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was only a few minutes long. Asked about availability and able to comprehend. Gave me options about the position and hours. Informed me of salary and employment type, which is part-time.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with eyeglasses/contacts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (Raleigh, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

very unorganized. I was called the day before to set up an interview at a hotel. I didn't find out I was hired until the manager contacted me to get to know me better. It was the district manager's job to tell me that I was hired and tell me how much I was to be paid. That never happened.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you made an angry customer happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I never had the chance to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (Monroe, MI) in September 2010.

Interview

Honestly, it was the easiest interview I've ever had. I went in extremely prepared and learned as much as I could about the company beforehand. The GM had my resume (I originally applied as a receptionist) and told me I was overqualified for that position. The entire interview was the GM explaining the role of the unlicensed optician position and explaining the required monthly sales goals. I believe the only question I was even asked was what my availibility was and how soon I could start. The interview ended with the GM telling me to call them if I hadn't heard anything within the next week. I called a week later and was offered the position and given a start date.

Negotiation

N/A

Receptionist/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Very unprofessional. They were late, didn't have any questions prepared, and it was obvious that they were trying to cut it as short as possible so they could eat.
    From the interview alone I could tell that this job may not have been for me and the high expectations I have.
    I came into this interview thinking that I was there to actually prove to them that I was a great choice for this position, but they didn't care. They basically told me that I had it because I looked nice.
    And even with over 5 years of management position they still offered me a crap pay.
    I asked for 10 and they said they couldn't do it.
    I recommend this for someone who just wants to make a little cash and doesn't care about poor service and unprofessionalism.

Receptionist/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (Ogden, UT) in January 2011.

Interview

they called me shortly after I had applied.

Interview Questions

• can you handle fast paced, multitask and difficult customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

she told me since I had some insurance experience and some schooling I'm getting paid the most they could pay me.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses.

Interview

This job has paper application therefore you must go to the location and ask for one then return in dressed nicely. I asked if the manager was there and they were. I spoke to them and was called for an interview 2 weeks later. After the interview it was a few days that I go the job

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were similar to other retail jobs. They asks about sales experience and how much you enjoy working with customers. You just share you retail experience.   Answer Question