America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Optician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Optician Interview Questions

Interviews at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (Miami, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Submit an application to either a store or online at the website. If submitting in store often you will have an on-spot interview with the manager of that store. If positions are available manager may choose to hire you. However if the store is fully staffed and you are noted as being a candidate for the job, your resume and application is forwarded to a recruiter who may contact you to work in another store.

Interview Questions

• Optical related questions if you have no optical experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (Cleveland, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

It helps to know someone to get into this company. The optical community is small and if you have a good reputation you will be sought out. Obviously the more you know the more you will be offered. They were very willing to negotiate rate of pay and even if you do not what you get at first there is so much room for growth it is unbelievable. This is not a dead end job.

Interview Questions

• None that I can remember. Everything was pretty standard for someone in the field of optics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them how much I was looking for, they gave me their best offer and it ended up being perfect.

Optician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses.

Interview

Didn't ask anything out of the ordinary. It was sort of unprofessional how she didn't tell me what day is start. She said she would call me and tell me the schedule. I never got a call so I just showed up the week I was supposed to start. First day all I did was take test and watch videos on computer.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work there, what will I bring to the table, what do I know about the company, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (Springfield, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the General Manager for an optician position. As I have considerable optical experience, she was eager to speak with me. Frankly, she seemed a little desperate to fill the position. Her questions were not really about my skills as an optician. They were more about how well I would sell in a high pressure environment, meeting sales goals and the like. Of course, we know that the company's advertisement is all about 2 pairs for $**, and the job of the optician is to convince the patients that they need to spend more. Much more if they want quality. If one cannot effectively upsell, one is seen as doing a poor job.

The General Manager explained that she is evaluated by how well her store reaches sales goals, and so I would be. Pressure would be applied if those goals were not met regularly.

Anonymous Employee in Keizer, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (Keizer, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview started very late, but it was very comfortable, more of a conversation. There wasn't really much explanation of what the job would entail other than the catalog description, and the work culture wasn't discussed at all (if it had been, I might not have accepted) but it was a much more professional interview than other things the manager did over time.

Optician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses.

Interview

Interview matrix allows for emotion to be removed from the process. Assistants interview candidates to weed out applicants that would not be a good fit for location. General manager was not the final decision maker.

Interview Questions

• What one word comes to mind when you think of what kind of company you would like to work for?   1 Answer