America's Car-Mart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

1.9

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anniston, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Anniston, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

I originally applied online. I received a phone requesting an in-person interview for the next day. After the in-person interview, I was asked to participate in a phone interview, which was a follow-up interview completed later that day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.
      Do you have any management experience?   Answer Question

Office Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart.

Interview

I was surprised at the time, but after being on the other side of their hiring process it made sense. Hardly anyone qualified applied to work there during my time. Having a degree of any kind will set you above all other applicants.

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daingerfield, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Daingerfield, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I Submitted My Application Online With A Resume Of My Past Experience, I Called The Same Day And Got A Interview The Following Monday. I Went Into The Interview & I Had To Do A Short Paper Interview , I Then Met The Guys Working In The Inventory Positions.. We Went Back To Her Office She Asked If I Did Drug(NO) & Could I Pass A Drug Test(YES).. I Told She Said Was Gonna Run My Background Check & The HR Lady Would Call Me?

MIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sedalia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Sedalia, MO).

Interview

Applied online. For a call to have a phone interview. After that I had 8 days before Sedalia manager called me to schedule an interview for the very same day. I don't live there so I wasn't able to drop and run.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer

Future Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Woodstock, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Asked about experience, basic management questions, and discussed company history and values. Discussed the program overview and requirements. Asked hypothetical questions on how would you handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

Walk in and taken to a dealership office with member of HR, and if they are seriously considering you the GM will sit-in on the interview. They will ask why you want to work here and your experience, then they ask you how you would handle certain situations (tip: get a manager, is the answer for all of it) then a sales demonstration. (Tip: they just want to see if you can Get the customer into the building, key words: let's go look at some numbers and see if this is the right car for you, let's go inside and talk about how you can take this car home etc..)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscumbia, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Tuscumbia, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly easy.. just basic questions, drug test, background check, went over what they expected of you, went over the employee handbook, and then you toured and spoke to every current employee.

Interview Questions

• Can you drive a manual shift?   1 Answer

Area Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, MS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Meridian, MS) in September 2014.

Interview

Spent a lot of time on the phone and in person talking getting to know one another. They want to know you as an individual and will place and train you to beast utilize your strengths.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anniston, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Anniston, AL) in July 2014.

Interview

Quick, to the point, and inclusive of duty and requirement. The managers and the area manager, along with a representative from their HR dept was present. I was given a tour of the local facility and was treated with appropriate candor

Interview Questions

• Was I able to work the hours requested   1 Answer

Negotiation

very simple and to the point

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claremore, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at America's Car-Mart (Claremore, OK).

Interview

Called about the position after seeing it on indeed.com, went in for a couple interviews with the GM which were very laid back and comfortable, did a drug test and that was about it. Simple, easy process.

Interview Questions

• There were no real difficult questions. When applying for a sales position, I was asked how I had done in sales previously.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase for me personally. Try to get as much as you can at hiring, you won't get much more after.