American Academy of Arts & Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Academy of Arts & Sciences Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Academy of Arts & Sciences

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Academy of Arts & Sciences (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

3 phone calls, 2 emails, 2 interviews. All communications were positive and comfortable. First interview with my manager was good. Second with the team, publications manager, PR manager, back-end coder, and CEO was also good. Having to wait 20 minutes for CEO to be present was awkward for all.

Interview Questions

• I was prepared for that, but there were no difficult questions, just an unexpected one. CEO asked me how I liked the Academy website. My position would include 40% web editing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good. I asked for salary with range of & $10,000 (next time, I will give a range of $5,000.) I was offered less than half of range. I could have counter-offered, but didn't.

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Academy of Arts & Sciences (Cambridge, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Strange interview - they were late calling, first, which is irritating but not a deal breaker. The questions did not seem highly useful in making a determination about which candidates to invite for face to face interviews. The weirdest exchange happened when the young man who seemed to be the lead interview went off on a tangent about how hard they work and this is not a 9-5 job. I have been a college administrator for six years and worked in the non-profit world for more than a decade; I haven't had a 9-5 job in nearly 20 years. At the end of the interview, I was left feeling like (1) no doctorate was needed for this position and (2) I dearly hoped they would not select me for a face to face.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Academy of Arts & Sciences (Cambridge, MA) in May 2009.

Interview

It was a strange interview and there were a couple of red flags but I really wanted to try this type of position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were a bit off topic so none were particularly difficult   Answer Question