American Airlines Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

There is a 2 part process to the interview.
The 1st part deals with questions about your work history and challenging situations you've encountered.
The 2nd part is a practical test dealing with analyzing wiring diagrams, setting a torque wrench, and safety-wiring 3 bolts.

Interview Questions

• What are the difference between these 2 hydraulic fittings?   1 Answer
  • What is the correct effectivity of this aircraft and does the drawing apply to it?   Answer Question
  • What is the reference designator of this component on the drawing?   Answer Question
  • What is a splice and the symbology of it on a drawing?   Answer Question
  • What are the amps of the circuit breaker on the drawing?   Answer Question
  • Name a challenging situation and how did you over come it?   Answer Question
  • What did you find satisfying and least satisfying about your last job?   Answer Question
  • What is the biggest mistake you've ever made, dealing with aviation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

If you have atleast 4 years experience you should be able to get in with no problem. They ask you a few questions about your past experience. then they are going to give you a practial test. after thats its the medical and background check.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

The company will fly you to Dallas for one interview. You will sit with one HR representitive. Experience is not required. All employees have a starting base rate at well under the industry average. A clean driving record is required.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for this airline?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. All pay is at a set value.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

Not too lengthly, but thourgh.