American Airlines American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I needed to share a review, but I am only at the very beginning of the process. I applied on 05/16, got an assessment to do a few hours later and now, I'm waiting to see if I passed it to do the video interview.

Is there anyone that could share a timeline? I've seen many posts but I was wondering if there's anyone else that just applied too! Thank you!

Interview Questions

• It was mainly situationals and behavioral questions.   100 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Applied around May and got an email a day later filling out a survey. Ended up doing the video interview 5 days later. Now its 6/12/17 and they called to come to their HQ for a f2f interview! So excited!

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with not having any body tattoos or out of the ordinary hair color/style as well as body piercings.   24 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lauderdale Lakes, FL

Interview

Hey everyone, just wanted to share my timeline.

May 15- applied
    May 16- completed assessment
    May 22- video invite
    May 24- completed video interview
    June 12- received a phone call to schedule my f2f for June 20!

I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I wish the best of luck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for American Airlines?   6 Answers
    • Tell a time when you received excellent customer service.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied as a flight attendant on May 17, 2017 and I took the online assessment within an hour. It's officially been one week today since and I was wondering if anyone who has applied on or after May 15th has received the VI invite yet?

Interview Questions

• Online assessment asked a few common sense questions like "There are 24 hours in a day, agree or disagree?"   10 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Online Application via American Airlines.com: May 30, 2017
    Invited to complete Assessment within 2-5 Hours of Online Application: May 30, 2017
    Invited to complete a Video Interview: June 8, 2017
    Invited to conduct Face to Face Interview: June 14, 2017
    Face to Face Interview on June 28, 2017 in Dallas
    Will keep posting once my progress has been completed. Thank you, and I hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant?   1 Answer

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I apply for a position as a flight attendant with AA about two week ago. I was emailed the same day to take the assessment. About a week later I was invited to do the video interview. Now I am waiting back to move on to the next step!!! (Send those positive vibes my way) Does anyone know how long it take before they get back with you to go to the next step??

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I received a call from a representative with American Airlines after my online interview. I have a face to face interview in Dallas Texas next week and would love some advice. Also, when should I be receiving the email for my flight confirmation, and do they pay for your flight? I purchased flights to and from Dallas just in case, but he said I would get an email with more information. Is the interview at the airport? Lastly, do they pay for training? Thank you for your responses and advice!

Interview Questions

• What excites you most about moving to a new city after training?   2 Answers

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on May 15th, received and completed the assessment on the 16th and was invited to the video interview on May 22nd. I completed the video interview today, May 25th. I'm waiting to hear back to see if I'll be invited to the face to face interview, but I felt so prepared because of all the posts on this site. So helpful!! I prepared for two days and had an answer ready for every question asked during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell you us about a time you had to deal with a challenging customer.   2 Answers
    • What excites you most about moving to a new city after training?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Airlines (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

There is about five steps in the process of being hired for American Airlines. After receiving my resume I was sent a link to take a personality test. About three weeks afterwards I was invited to have a video interview within 5 days of the invitation, I have just completed that and waiting to hear back if I'm going to have an F 2f (face to face interview) if I am invited to the face-to-face interview they will fly me to Dallas-Fort Worth to interview me and then I will be invited to the 6-week training. Upon the completion of the six weeks of training I will earn my wings and be a flight attendant

Interview Questions

• One question was tell about the last time you received memorable customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

FACE TO FACE: I flew out the day before because I was coming from CA and didn't want to stress about potentially being late for the interview. Day of: I was a half hour early, and chatted with some of the other candidates. We were welcomed by a recruiter and then escorted to the interviewing room. There was about 4 tables of 7-8 we had about 45 people there. The host makes you feel SO welcome. And I'm not just saying that. I walked in with sweaty palms and felt so relaxed when he greeted me in. I also was myself! Chatted with everyone within my table. They're watching you the second you walk through that door

We start with a short writing assignment. Ranking a situation with things of most important to least important. Then we played a fun quick game. We had a short break and then we're called out on by one with different people from the room to do that group interview. It's a panel interview. We were all in a line while the 2 recruiters were in front of us. We were asked 3 questions total. First (in order), question was tell us about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant. After that 2nd question, in no order, tell as a time you had to deal with a customer who was having a challenging situation. 3rd question, we drew from a pile. Mine was: Tell us about your most recent travel experience.

Best advice is to be yourself and stay true to who you are <3
    After this we went back and watched a power point about the day in the life at AA
    Then one by one people were called out. I was about the 8th called out. And was walked into a separate room where I was given a one on one and CJO!
    As read before this really is the more relaxing part. They're so genuine and some of the nicest people I've ever met including all the other candidates. If you don't get a CJO I encourage you to reapply.
    This is an amazing company!
    After this we do a drug screen, finger prints and fitted for a jump seat and over head compartment reach test. I start training on the 6Th of March!

I hope this helps! I know I was looking everyday here on glass door.
    It's okay to be nervous! Just know you'll be in good hands! best of luck! ✈️💕

Interview Questions

• Possible random questions: Importance of the uniform? What is a quality a flight attendant should have? What does customer service mean to you? If you could be with someone on a plane for 12 hours who would it be and why?   34 Answers