American Airlines American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.8

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I needed to share a review, but I am only at the very beginning of the process. I applied on 05/16, got an assessment to do a few hours later and now, I'm waiting to see if I passed it to do the video interview.

Is there anyone that could share a timeline? I've seen many posts but I was wondering if there's anyone else that just applied too! Thank you!

Interview Questions

• It was mainly situationals and behavioral questions.   38 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied as a flight attendant on May 17, 2017 and I took the online assessment within an hour. It's officially been one week today since and I was wondering if anyone who has applied on or after May 15th has received the VI invite yet?

Interview Questions

• Online assessment asked a few common sense questions like "There are 24 hours in a day, agree or disagree?"   1 Answer

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in May 2017.

Interview

Applied Online (Dallas, TX),
    Received an assessment today. Waiting to hear about the recorded interview. I am nervous about making this work financially and around my current apartment lease. I was hoping someone could give me a time frame and what to expect? What are the odds of getting the home base of your choice?

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, why do you want to be a flight attendant.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

FACE TO FACE: I flew out the day before because I was coming from CA and didn't want to stress about potentially being late for the interview. Day of: I was a half hour early, and chatted with some of the other candidates. We were welcomed by a recruiter and then escorted to the interviewing room. There was about 4 tables of 7-8 we had about 45 people there. The host makes you feel SO welcome. And I'm not just saying that. I walked in with sweaty palms and felt so relaxed when he greeted me in. I also was myself! Chatted with everyone within my table. They're watching you the second you walk through that door

We start with a short writing assignment. Ranking a situation with things of most important to least important. Then we played a fun quick game. We had a short break and then we're called out on by one with different people from the room to do that group interview. It's a panel interview. We were all in a line while the 2 recruiters were in front of us. We were asked 3 questions total. First (in order), question was tell us about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant. After that 2nd question, in no order, tell as a time you had to deal with a customer who was having a challenging situation. 3rd question, we drew from a pile. Mine was: Tell us about your most recent travel experience.

Best advice is to be yourself and stay true to who you are <3
    After this we went back and watched a power point about the day in the life at AA
    Then one by one people were called out. I was about the 8th called out. And was walked into a separate room where I was given a one on one and CJO!
    As read before this really is the more relaxing part. They're so genuine and some of the nicest people I've ever met including all the other candidates. If you don't get a CJO I encourage you to reapply.
    This is an amazing company!
    After this we do a drug screen, finger prints and fitted for a jump seat and over head compartment reach test. I start training on the 6Th of March!

I hope this helps! I know I was looking everyday here on glass door.
    It's okay to be nervous! Just know you'll be in good hands! best of luck! ✈️💕

Interview Questions

• Possible random questions: Importance of the uniform? What is a quality a flight attendant should have? What does customer service mean to you? If you could be with someone on a plane for 12 hours who would it be and why?   33 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

In Sept 2016 I filled out the application online. in December 2016 I was invited to do the video interview. Then march 2017 received a call to interview in Dallas Texas. The interview in march 21st.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   6 Answers

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied for American Airlines online through their careers page. The video interview can be nerve-wrecking if you're not used to recording yourself speaking to a webcam. It's good to practice a lot beforehand to get used to looking directly at the camera and maintaining a smile throughout your presentation. They give you many chances to practice beforehand including a 1-minute prep time before your 3-minute recording, but even so, let yourself practice practice PRACTICE if video recording is not something you are used to.

They questions that they ask have all been listed or explained by others, so it's best to go through the list and prepare yourself for which one they might give to you. As long as you remember how to present your answer and be mindful of the time, it is fairly straightforward process. Make sure to dress appropriately even if the camera doesn't record lower than your waist! A proper outfit will help you get into the mindset. Submitted by VI and now I'm waiting for a response. Best of luck to all!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you and/or your team had to handle a difficult situation.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I completed the online interview where they asked about 6 questions alot of which were about past work experience and team work. About 2 weeks later I received an email to schedule my f2f. I am super nervous but so excited!

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied to AA in November 2016.
    About a week after I sent in my application, I was invited for a video interview. Now it's February 2017 and I just received my f2f interview invitation! I have no no FA experience.. so if anyone could give me some advice, I would strongly appreciate it! :) thank you

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time where you had to take the initiative and how it worked out.   23 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY).

Interview

Application took no longer than an hour, one month later received email for online interview, was given five days to complete interview. Now I'm waiting for the next step

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Is it normal to not hear back AT ALL after one week? I was finger printed and also had a one on one interview. Some from my f2f have received a CJO while others received TBNT. I'm unsure as to what to think at this time