American Airlines American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.8

227 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I needed to share a review, but I am only at the very beginning of the process. I applied on 05/16, got an assessment to do a few hours later and now, I'm waiting to see if I passed it to do the video interview.

Is there anyone that could share a timeline? I've seen many posts but I was wondering if there's anyone else that just applied too! Thank you!

Interview Questions

• It was mainly situationals and behavioral questions.   147 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY).

Interview

Hi guys! Just want to share some my personal experience for interviewing for FA with AA. It was a long journey but luckily I made it to my CJO. I did tons of reading on Glassdoor and Forums. I hope my suggestions can help!
    TIMELINE
    F2F 10/11
    CJO accepted 10/14

About VI
    Glassdoor helps a lot.
    Read questions other listed. Exactly the same.
    tips: smile,be confident , dress professional exactly like a FA.

About F2F
    -1st Table Activity. Act you are friendly and easy going person. Stay normal communication with your table mates. Should your willingness to do group work

-2nd Group Panel. this is the KEY step that decide you get selected or not . Please do your best to get prepared to answer the •question:Why you want to be a FA with AA? Please compose your answer with:
    -what's your future career related to AA
    -how much you know about AA
    -how your personal background make you qualify to be FA with AA
    ( I think I did a great job for this question.by telling them my great passion how I want to commit in travel and hospitality filed. How I understand travel people's needs. I also did tons of research showing I know AA well. Including: history. staff positive feedbacks. Reputation in aviation industry)
    •your customer service experience. Please do a simple and easy understanding experience( don't try to put too much information out there to say you deals with tons of customer before. Be specific and example list)
    •the last one is a random questions that you have 30second to react

About 1on1
    As I said on last paragraph. They select people after the panel . You will be called out . Either to send out to shuttle to go home or go to a 1on1 interview. If you go 1on1 and then go to Reach test and scan your IDs . That means you are 80% in.

some important tips
    1. Dresses 100% or 120% like a FA.,from head to foot. This is how you presenting your self . Very important .
    2. Do researches . Practice questions like 100% you are in the interview. Show your customer service professional skills as much as you can.( past experiences examples highly preferred . I even watched tons of FA you tubers video and some other customer filed youtuber videos . Great help!
    3. Be confident and smile properly . Be flexible to do questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

I know the application/interview process is all over the place these days! I applied from an employee referral on 11/28, completed the assessment 11/29 and received the VI invite and completed it 12/5. It was a 6 question virtual interview, and I won't lie, was a little intimidating with the timer. The question is on the screen as well as read aloud to you twice, and then you have 60 seconds to think about your answer (it doesn't record that part). Once the 60 seconds is up, or you're ready to answer, you are given 3 minutes for the program to record your answer. All in all it wasn't the worst thing in the world, but it's a little difficult to try not to look at yourself, and not speed through your answers when there's a giant clock in front of you. Ha! My best friend who has been with American for almost 2 years had a slightly different timeline:

She applied in Oct 2015, VI January 2016, F2F in March I believe? Training graduation June 1st 2016.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to apply with a job as a flight attendant with American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • What excites you most about relocating to a new city after training?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe your last customer service experience. Or something to that effect.   1 Answer
    • How has your current work experience prepared you for a job as a flight attendant with American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to adhere to the no visible tattoos, excessive piercings, and extreme hair color/styles policy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Face to face interview. Group interview, getting to know each other, then small group interview, three questions, two are the same for everyone, and one is random. Then one-on-one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview was smooth and kind of self paced. 3 minuets to answer each question and you can pause and take breathers in between each question. Video interview was 6 questions. Fairly simple.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Greensboro, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I received an email prompting me to complete an assessment. A few weeks later I received an email to complete a video interview within 3 days. I have currently completed that and waiting on next step.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about moving to a new city after training?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you received memorable customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Video interview look at the information provided on here it will help. Make sure your background is clear and dress like a flight attendant. THe interview experience was pretty easy and just relax

Interview Questions

• do your research and it is pretty easy   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, few weeks later asked for video interview. Months later get a phone call asking me to come to Dallas for a Face to Face. Make sure you go there with your smile on and prepare to schmooze.....That's where the lying starts, American recruiters/flight attendents tell you multiple times 10+ from multiple people that nobody is getting a job offer that day, straight to your face with a smile. They say 5-10 days, it's a lie DO NOT BELIEVE THEM. They tell you this in group settings, in one-on-one settings etc. But it's all a lie. Those being offered jobs will be pulled aside at the end and taken to a secret room to be fingerprinted, begin background checks, flight seat check and do a reach test. American, if your culture is sooooo bad you can't be honest with people I along with my spouse agreed we are glad I was not offered the job. Be straight with people, we are going to find out and we can handle it. American, you are pretty dumb to put people on the same flights back to cities that are offered and not offered jobs, do you not think we talk after interviewing earlier in the day together? Add in glassdoor and yes WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENS, DON'T LIE TO OUR FACES!!!! I'm fine not being offered a job, but hate being lied to. Absolutely pathetic and unprofessional way to handle things....

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I had my video interview on September 27th. Then I got my F2F interview invitation email on November 13th. Then I was scheduled interview on November 17th. It was a great experience and everyone is sooo nice there. Can't wait to join that amazing team. So the interview is easy once you are prepared. So be prepared and you will pass it!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why do you want to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Tell us one time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Why do you think wearing uniforms are important?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Airlines (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I attended an Open house and found it to be very informative and helpful to understand the job. It also allows you to be seen more readily because it shows your extra interest and then they track you as priority to pay attention to in the sea of over 100,000+ applications that they recieve annually.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask much. It was more an informational presentation & then they walk you through how to apply & also gave us a card with an email to send in supplementary info. Most important thing is that they will know you personally and your name.   Answer Question