American Airlines Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Panel of the manager and 2 co workers. Interview went great actually, very laid back line of questioning but still relevant to the job. They are looking for personality on top of skill sets.

Took less than a week to get the first phone interview call. Then about a week later for the actual interview. Then at work for my first day about 2 weeks after that. All in all, from start to hire - 1 month.

Make sure you get all details of the job! I was lead to believe one job description then expected to do something else 10x what my abilities were.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. My fault…I didn't really try, I was just so eager to get a job.

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I met with three managers for the interviews for about 45 minutes each. The interviews included case-style questions, mostly relating to the running of the business in the department. People were very nice, and appeared to be interested in the conversation. Prior to the interviews, I had a phone screen and also a case question via email that I had to return within a time limit.

Interview Questions

• The case question via email was difficult because it required reading a lengthy page and then doing some calculations. There was a time limit as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Interviewed once at school. They flew me out to Dallas to interview me again. I had four one on one interviews in Dallas at HQ. They were pretty standard. Some airline questions, some "how do you work in a group" questions etc. Everyone was nice and seemed to enjoy working at AA.

Interview Questions

• If you had to start an airline today, what would you do?   1 Answer

The flight benefits were not enough to make up for low pay and living in Dallas. I'm not really sure when I'd use the flight benefits because I would have almost no vacation time at the beginning.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Tempe, AZ) in July 2012.

Interview

Company was still US Airways I received a Three
    -part interview with the Recruiter, Department Manager & department Director over a one month process. The recruiter was very helpful with explaining the interview process. My second interview with the manager was very informative as well this person would be my direct supervisor. My third interview with the director was just an overview to see if I would be a good fit for the department.

Interview Questions

• Pending a merger with American Airlines would I be willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • How does my background relate to the position that I am applying for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

First there was a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. Afterwards they sent you an excel test. If you passed that, you were invited to a day at headquarters where there were three different one on one interviews with senior analysts or management. Then they took you out to lunch. Overall it was a stressful but nice day.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

2 interviews over the phone, one interview in person, they flew me to Dallas, the interview went great, nice people. Had 3 interview in Dallas, one with a senior analyst, one with a manager and the last one with the managing director. All 3 interviewers were nice and kind. Interview wasn't doffocult

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines in April 2009.

Interview

First round at my university, asking basic questions about how American airlines differs from other airline companies. Really felt a connection with my interview there.

Second round at their head quarter in TX, they flew me down for 4 rounds of interview along with an excel test. Everyone was quite friendly, unfortunately, I found out at the end that they weren't really hiring...

I understand that they want candidate in case a position opened up but since nothing opened up, it was quite a waste of time. They called me and said they wanted to make me an offer but since nothing was available at the moment, they'll have to wait.

After that, of course, nothing really came of it.

Interview Questions

• A flight's about to take off with still empty seats. A customer offers you X amount of money for the flight, what are the factors to consider in whether you should accept the offer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was good. Half an hour behavioral interview followed by an excel based case study. Questions on the excel test were basic just your run of the mill pivot tables to analyse the data. Standard behavior qs

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve conflict   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Casual, multiple interviews on the same day. THere was a one on one with the manager, then a group interview and then general behavioral question. I got through the interview and written test. They asked to elaborate on story writing. The overall experience was good. I was offered the job the same day. The atmosphere was relaxed

Interview Questions

• Write a user story for a given set of requirements. Write as many as you can   Answer Question
    • Who are all involved in a Jad session   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Tulsa, OK) in May 2011.

Interview

Recruiters were very helpful throughout the entire process. Flew me from home location to DFW for the interview. Day ran late, so the members of the interview panel took me to a restaurant nearby to conduct the interview - made the whole experience relaxed and enjoyable. Made it to next level and was flown to LAX for background screening. Had offer in hand a week later.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe a supervisor/manager should be liked or feared?   Answer Question
    • Describe an event at your current position which demonstrates your ability to cope with stressful situation.   Answer Question

Pay offered (told it was on the high end of their scale and was not negotiable) was too far below what I could reasonably accept.