American Airlines Commodity Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Commodity Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2016

3.2

Commodity Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in May 2016.

Interview

I don't know which position I applied with this one. The recruiter called me on May 18th, 2016 to have a phone interview with the direct supervisor on May 24th, 2016. I applied Commodity Manager position at Fort Worth, Texas but the position is actually at Tulsa, Oklahoma.

After talking to the direct supervisor, I was told that probably they had an opening at Fort Worth but ended up wanted to fill a position at Tulsa. I wasn't sure about relocating but willing to go for it if being offered the position.

The manager sent me many questions by email, asking me to reply to him once finishing.

On June 30th, 2016, he emailed me that another candidate was selected.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions about working experiences, education.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Turn in resume at career fair
    2. Receive a call from campus recruiter to schedule interview
    3. Interview on campus with recruiter
    4. Recruiter reviews applicants and all of the candidates
    5. Recruiter invites you to fly to DFW for the next stage of the interview process
    6. A CM picks you up from the airport
    7. Several interviews in the morning
    8. Lunch to meet the team
    9. Case Study when you return
    10. More Interviews
    11. End of day and return home

Interview Questions

• Describe the sourcing process.
      How would you calculate the total cost of ownership of a plane?
      What elements do you consider aside from price when considering bids?
      Answer Question

Commodity Manager Interview

Interview

Half a day of interviews with various team members and managers. Difficult behavioral and situational questions. Half a day of interviews with various team members and managers. Difficult behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• A situational question about a specific commodity and how I would address it. Also, what is the newest supply chain trend.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Tulsa, OK) in April 2013.

Interview

Networking with existing employees really helped me gain a lot of insight into their day to day work, and helped me be more confident during my interviews. Knowledge about TCO, procurement steps and basic airline knowledge help. They are looking for outgoing individuals who are not afraid of digging into an issue and solving it.

Interview Questions

• calculating cost of capital of an airline ticked off a few employees   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Very clear and quick process. I got the opportunity through my school, phone interview was almost immediate and the follow-up was within a week.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

First interview happened at the university's career fair. Consisted of 1 on 1 interview with a Purchasing manager that consisted of some behavioral questions and case interviews. Got a call a few weeks later to interview at headquarters in Fort Worth. This interview consisted of 3 separate interviews with managers from the purchasing organization. This was mainly case interviews in which they give you a situation and you must come up with a suitable answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you source office chairs.   1 Answer
    • You have a sole sourcing supplier that does repairs for you, how would you negotiate the contract.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was accomplished by telling the hiring manager the average salary that new MBA students receive for this job position. The company did not match the salary but they did offer a bonus and some airline miles.

Commodity Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in December 2010.

Interview

Behavioral based interviews

Commodity Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Airlines in November 2010.

Interview

Unorganized, and never heard anything back.