American Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was a little intense. It was a group interview and they sent us out in set of 3's to complete interviews. Until they had 3 groups. Hired, On hold, Did not get the job.

At the end interview process and a series of questions I ended up in the on hold group
Which ment I got the job but had to wait for a position to open up.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a irritate customer? How did u react? What did you do to defuse the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online and after a week I got called for a job interview. It was group interview. They ask why did u apply for American airlines? Why should we hire you? What are your weakness? The first group interview was easy. They emailed me back in a week to schedule a second group interview. They ask basically the same question. And then they emailed you in in 1 month.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Airlines in June 2016.

Interview

It can be a little nerve wracking when you see that it is that large of a group interview. I had knowledge ahead of time that it would be but did not expect to see that many people. The best advice I can give is to relax and definitely come prepared with a copy of your resume and some research about the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult/disappointed customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

1.apply online
    2.interview with 4 other candidates, wait 2 hours waiting. 4 Weeks
    3 make 3 groups (yes, Stand by and no)
    4 Call me in 1 month for a Finger prints then Drug test

Interview Questions

• What AA services Offers/Sale?
      How you manage a Upset client?
      What do you know about AA/
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied via AA.com website, received a phone call to set up interview (group), received questionnaire email the next day. Also, received an email about my availability for an interview. I responded to the emails, I said I was available to do the next day interview (she never confirmed); however, they called to ask the same questions. I suspect the person who sent the emails was not there any longer, as she never responded and when I mentioned that I responded to the email-the guy completely ignored my comment.

Had to wait 15 mins. for security to show up (to get a badge), glad I arrived early. They were slow to come get the group (suppose they were running late). Group interview was fairly quick. Did a test to see how well you follow instructions, and one to correct spelling/grammar.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were not meeting expectations on your job.

Tell us about a time you went above/beyond in c/s.
      Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in January 2016.

Interview

Are you available and when can you start? How to deal with difficult visit mets ? Tell us about yourself to when do you see yourself in 10 years and how did you hear about us? Do you know anyone in Thai company

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and completed a personality test. Received an email invitation to first group interview. Although a lot of people attended the first interview session the process was well organized as well as motivational and friendly. Second interview was also a group interview. Received offer 10 days later.

Interview Questions

• Three words to describe yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview went smoothly the company is looking for an energetic, bright, and happy person. You need to be able to excel in stressful situations.
    It is ideal that you are able to deal with rude customers in a polite and non confrontational manner. If your someone who can handle stress and loves the thrill and rush of the airline industry, American airlines is the elite company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had an;upset customer, and how did you deal with the customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in August 2015.

Interview

The whole process took a little over 3 weeks and was very organized and pretty simple. I applied online and a recruiter contacted me for a 15 minute phone interview. At the end of the conversation she said I had passed to have a face to face interview. They called me a couple days later and scheduled my in-person interview the following week. The interview was a little less than an hour, and asked several STAR format questions regarding customer service situations and how you handle difficult situations. 2 weeks later they called and offered me the position!

Anonymous Employee in Cold Spring, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Cold Spring, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

3 other interviewees and I sat at a table in a conference room inside of the airport we applied at. We took turns answering questions and hearing information about the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of customer service? What would you do to prepare for bad weather conditions at work? Why do you want to work for American Airlines? After you had closed your cash register and were on your way out of work, you see a customer approaching the desk for help with lost luggage. Do you go back to help them? Tell us about a past experience where you faced a challenge at work and how you dealt with it. Do you take criticism well?   1 Answer