American Airlines Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2018

2.4

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

i applied online for San Antonio location got an assessment to complete 2 days after, then a video interview after a week , a few days after i got a phone call to set up f2f, i went and got a one on one interview very basic if you worked for the airlines before , offered the job on the spot and waiting for the background check which might takes up to 2 weeks
interview atmosphere were very professional and friendly, everyone from the gentlemen who interviewed me and the lady who did the paperwork were very nice

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I received an email request for an interview about a month after submitting my application online. They schedule group interviews but the people that were supposed to interview along with me never showed up so I ended up doing the interview one-on-one with the hiring manager. Everyone was very nice they introduced me to a few co-workers and showed me around. They do shift bids based on seniority so your schedule just depends on the shift that is left over. Vacation is also based on seniority so you get the vacation dates left over as well. I was offered the job on the spot but declined the offer based on the salary. They offered me 11.00/hr which is too low compared to the cost of living in Austin, TX. They are such a good company to work for though maybe one day I can apply for a non-entry level position that pays more.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work an odd schedule and not have the holidays off?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Norfolk, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was short, sweet and to the point. The airline was outsourcing thru Peidmont Airlines but their contract ended in Norfolk so American decided to hire on more people. I interviewed with the GM and the CSM at Norfolk airport.

Interview Questions

• I have several people that have applied for this position, what makes you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Richmond, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was fast and simple! I applied one week and within days I received an email to reply back for the interview. I had a panel interview with only 6 questions. Questions pertaining to customer service.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Group interview with a 3 person panel. There was a prepared interview packet with preset questions that was asked of all applicants. Very cordial. Interviewers made everyone feel comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Sent resume and CL online. Contacted same day for online interview. Still waiting to hear back. Appeared to be a psychological evaluation to see if you are suited for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

Began with waiting in an area near their checkin counter at DCA; once the time for the interview arrived, we were then escorted to a room behind the checkin counter for an overview of the process, introductions and expectations of the job.

Anonymous Employee in La Guardia Airport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (La Guardia Airport, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied on Feburary 28th got a email about a face to face interview on May 23rd got hired a week later, very fast process once I did the interview. Was intervied by 2 differenct AA managers, with another person in the room. Great vibes they asked basic questions about previous job, why american airlines? And questions about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Etc

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied Bilingual coordinator position through AA.com and interview was held with two management for 1st interview at AA office in LAX. And next one was second language ability test. Interview was about 30min.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in AA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied 2 weeks prior to receiving an email, inviting me to come for a face to face group interview, there were 6 other people for the group interview and you get interviewed by 3 managers, it lasted about 30 min. Then they emailed me a week later with an offer. All Glory to GOD!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and your previous customer service experience   Answer Question