American Airlines Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Reply to email. Submit resume. Take an online application test with a bunch of questions. Some questions were strange, like would you listen to your manager or give the customer a First Class upgrade? I'm used to these tests and usually pass them, but they emailed me about two months later saying that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Many situational answers with vague options. A lot of questions about how you would react (would you tell on your coworkers for stealing, would you listen to your manager or upgrade the customer)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

AA had csr up twice in December and January for JFK. Did anyone go to the interview in LGA or JFK. I got interviewed in both airports. I got a rejection from LGA but not JFK. It's been over a month. Did anyone else go there and got hired?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

After the usual online personality test I was called for a f2f interview with the hiring manager. I met with two managers for about 90 minutes. I was asked the usual questions about why I wanted the position and situational questions. We moved to more personal conversation and I left feeling pretty good. I was told I would hear a yes or no within two weeks. I send followup thank you emails to HR and the hiring manager. I never heard back and when I contacted HR a month later they returned my calls with emails stating the process was ongoing. At this point I knew they were likely waiting for the successful candidates background checks to be complete before telling others they weren't successful. I finally got the rejection email after two months. They should have been more honest about the communications timing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

waiting at the lobby for 10 min..
    Round tour at the call center..
    Interviewers introduced them self..
    Talking about the company..
    Showing video about the job..
    Talking about the possession..
    Group interview..
    Talking about work style and company benefits..
    Computer test..

Interview Questions

• Your impression ?
      Why do you think you are the best candidate?
      Tell us about your career?
      Why you choose American Airline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about two weeks later by phone the schedule an interview. I got a confirmation email for the interview, which was a group interview. What ended up actually happening was that I came 20 minutes early and stood to the side of the counter to wait like I was instructed by the service desk employees. The interview was at 12 and at 12:10 the people waiting with me got nervous and we told the people at the desk we were still there. Another half hour goes by and we tell them again and they say they will call back. This goes on for another hour and a half. In the end we were told the people interviewing were coming for us four or five times and they never did. Finally someone came out and asked us if we were there for the 2:00 interview and when they realized we hadn't just left like they thought we would if they ignored us they gave us a 15 minute fake interview and said they would contact us either way. I know other people who have been contacted and hired and I still have not received my rejection email after over a month. It was the most unprofessional interview I have ever had and as a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your work was interrupted and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Tulsa, OK) in August 2015.

Interview

I wasn't contacted for an interview for 3 months after submitting my application. Actually, when got an invitation for an interview it had been so long, I forgot I had applied and thought it was some sort of scam (the email was sent by Amercan Airlines People which I thought was totally fake). I selected 2-3 date/times from this email. Then I got an email back confirming the date/time/place of the interview. I had a one-on-one interview with a supervisor at my local airport.