American Airlines Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

American Airlines Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

First you will apply online, then you will complete a 20 minute test online, followed by a recorded video interview asking a few pre-recorded questions. Last but not least, you may get invited to a face-to-face interview at their training facility in Dallas. This is all group-interview style and lasts about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you want to become a flight attendant? Why American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Explain a challenging situation at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied 12/14/16
    Questionnaire sent 12/15/16
    Video Interview 1/17/16

I feel like I did very well on my VI. Waiting to hear back...I hear its a long process.

I recommend that everyone look on Glassdoor, all of the video interview questions were found on here. There were 6 questions total.
    No offer yet - so that is why I selected NO. But I feel confident.

Anyone have any tips for F2F and Group Interviews? I am out of touch. Been at my job for over 10 years.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult to adapt to.   2 Answers

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied in December and within a week I received an invitation for the video interview and I was given 5 days to complete the interview. I did my research on Glassdoor and found all the questions to be exact. I heard back with an invitation to interview face to face in Dallas, TX within 2 weeks. They called to schedule my interview and emailed my itinerary about 5 days before my interview. I wrote down every question I found here and on other sites and youtube videos and came up with 2 questions of my own for the one on one. I did my research on AA (logistics and values and future plans) which I highly recommend you do as well.

There were about 20-25 other candidates in the room and we were split up into 3 groups at 3 different tables. As soon as you walk in, you're greeted by the recruiters who are so sincere and welcoming. They made the interview seem so laid back like they just want you to be yourself. So smile and be happy the moment you walk through the lobby doors until you walk out of them. Be courteous and personable to everyone. Pay attention to names and do your best to speak to people using their names. Know that there are 6-8 recruiters in the room and they are observing you and how you interact the entire time so smile, laugh, be interested in others and be friendly!

We started by playing ice breaker games to get to know each other and get more comfortable. There were presentations on AA and the job description (expectations, pay, schedule, home bases, benefits, and such.) We were taken into a smaller room in groups of 5 to answer interview questions with 2 of the recruiters. We were all asked the same question and each of us gave our individual answers when it was our time. The last question was a surprise question on a card we picked individually. They give 30 seconds to think about your answer but you should know these questions ahead of time and be prepared so don't take long.

After the group interview, they call you out one by one and if you're chosen to move further in the interview, they take you into a room where you'll fill out some paperwork and take a reach/timed test performing 2 flight attendant tasks. Then comes the one on one where you'll be asked a few more questions about your resume and how it's helped prepare you to be a flight attendant and why you specifically chose AA. You have the opportunity to ask the recruiter questions...this is a DEFINITE. ASK! Make the question personable and be sincere about why you want to know. Then, if you're chosen, you'll get fingerprinted for the background check and wait to find out when training starts!

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest moment?

Why did you apply at AA?

What was your best customer service experience?

What can I bring to the company?

How has your past job experience prepared you to be a flight attendant for AA?
      7 Answers

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Is it normal to not hear back AT ALL after one week? I was finger printed and also had a one on one interview. Some from my f2f have received a CJO while others received TBNT. I'm unsure as to what to think at this time

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online, took the personality assessment, soon received an invitation for a video interview (11/10/15) to be completed within 5 days (with reminder e-mails sent before deadline). After completing the video interview (11/15/16), I finally received an invitation (1/5/17) to the face to face interview on January 23, 2017. I'm very excited!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   7 Answers

Flight Attendant English Speaking Only Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied 10/14/16
    Completed Video Interview 11/14/16
    Invited for F2F on 12/21/16
    Flying to Dallas for F2F on 1/13/17

I am going to Dallas this Friday for my F2F will post about the process and outcome afterwards. Best of luck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• The video interview was pretty standard. They ask you five or six timed questions. Topics include: handling a difficult situation, what does customer service mean to you, are you willing to relocate, why do you want to become a FA etc....   10 Answers

Application

Interview

I just completed my video interview, the questions were VERY easy and all of them were on glassdoor, there are 6 questions and i'll try to post them below. I have yet ti get the face to face yet, but I am pretty confident in my video.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Did a video interview. They asked about 5 questions. Not very hard questions. Have a lot of scenarios, and asked how would I manage the situation. now waiting for my face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• They gave certain scenarios and asking how you would react.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

applied January 4th of 2017, after a week i done the video interview and now I'm still waiting for the F2F. the video interview was easy, Glassdoor had helped me a lot, I was a bit nervous. now waiting...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

sooo.. I did not like their F2F compared to Delta

- you begin w/ writing exercise
    -you take 15mins. getting to know the ppl at your table
    -next you go into a group interview w/8 other ppl
    -they ask you 3 questions
    -they tell you no one will be selected today
    -leaving the building afterwards, you found out they selected ppl

tip: your LOOK and your PERSONALITY matter more than what you are saying
    tip:dont practice. it is an easy interview, 3 simple questions, smile and shine through w/ your personality.