American Airlines Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at American Airlines

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

Apply on American Airlines careers web site and reach out to a friend working in AA to get a referral. Got an email 1 week later to set up a phone interview. One week later got an email saying they wanted me to fly to Dallas for an interview. Once in Dallas I had a tour of their new headquarters, had 3 different interviews with Finance Managers and an excel test. Two weeks after my visit to Dallas got an offer.

Interview Questions

• If AA makes a purchase of $100, the tax rate is 40% and the depreciation is 5 years linear, How will this affect financial statements?   Answer Question
  • What are the excel formulas you use the most in your financial modelling?   Answer Question
  • What are the reasons we should continue to fly a route that's losing money?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone interview about behavioral and a few accounting technicals questions that were not very hard. Walk me through your resume, why finance, why the airline industry. Average to easy interview if youre prepared

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by an interview with an Analyst. Flown into Dallas HQ for interviews with two Managers. Received offer three days later. $50k base salary + signing and relocation bonuses.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

The first interview asked a lot of questions about the meaning of various financial statements and revenue strategies that airlines need to consider. Then there was an excel modeling test.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a Statement of Equity, Balance Sheet and Income Statement   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Airlines (Austin, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

it was on campus interview, 90 min back to back. one financial case and one behavioral, and there was a mixing at the night before interview where you can meet and chat with interviewers

Interview Questions

• 1. connecton among 3 financial statements
      2.deal with difficult people
      3.one thing you wish you did differently   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

Started out with campus recruiting, got first interview( had some accounting questions) got invited for 2nd interview which was more situational questions to see how you think. Was a great expirence, a little pressured on the first interview, but second interview was laid back. Overall the interviews felt somewhat conversational and were not negative in any way.

Interview Questions

• We just ordered 12 planes. How would you go about this?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in November 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a manager at AA. He seemed very nice and pleasant, but he asked tough questions. I was not expecting so many technical questions. Took very long to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that the Airline's practice of overselling seats on a flight makes sense?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

There were two on-campus interviews consisting of mostly technical questions. The first round was almost all technical while the second round was a mix of behavioral and technical. There was also a pre-interview reception that allowed people to meet their interviewer the night before.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about market sizing of how many people would use different products within American   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Airlines (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewer asked me introduce myself. Then, the interview become technical questions focused. The interviewer used a pen to write down what I said. It was a bit weird.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied with American on campus and was given an on campus interview a week later before heading to their headquarters in Fort Worth for a final interview. The staff were friendly and they comped my flight to Fort Worth which was nice. If it wasn't for a competing offer I would have accepted the position, they seem like good people to work for.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about overbooking? What are some reasons you might want to keep a money losing route open for operation? What are some factors to consider when thinking about how to cut costs?   Answer Question