American Airlines Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

3.2

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in September 2015.

Interview

They offered me an interview after meeting them at my university career fair. I had a 30 minute interview the next day that was a mixture of behavioral and technical questions. They e-mailed me about 2 weeks later letting me know I made it to the second round, an excel case interview round. An analyst called me and then I had one hour to complete an excel case and send it back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Firstly they asked my plan after graduation and then asked me whether I need sponsorship or not. And then they gave me three piece of paper with accounting questions on it. Most of the questions were learned in my intermediate accounting class. And then they asked me some personal opinion about the balance sheet and some practical questions about the company and the entire air industry.

Interview Questions

• Recently our company added a new route from Detroit to Shanghai. What accouting information will you look at to determine whether it is a good strategy or not?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Interview

Received screening interview with HR basic questions about your resume. Then invited me to a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview with the manager was ok. She had a lot of questions and they are really interested on what you know about excel. Also make sure you have scenarios prepared for challenge behavioral questions they ask I would recommend using the STAR approach. The manager was really discombobulated, I was totally lost.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an employee that is asking for money for a certain product?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Interview

First round was over the phone with very analytical questions such as how to calculate contribution margin and profitability of flights.

Second round was with multiple managers on site rotating for 30 minutes each. Very industry specific questions so if you are not familiar with the airline industry they can be difficult to answer.
    Interview followed a survey/questionnaire format with little room for candidate to ask questions about the day to day activities

Interview Questions

• If you had your own airline how would you decide where to fly from?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Intial telephone interview and and in person interview with 4 managers. The interview question varied from basics like credit debit to personal questions. Pretty great mangers did not pressure during interview.

Interview Questions

• Differentiate following in to credit and debits. Expenses, income liability etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

On campus interview. Guy was kind of awkward. Basically just wanted to walk through resume and asked basic behavior question with a few technical questions mixed in. I would suggest reading up on basic airline information. Will be very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Walk through resume and what would you consider if we were considering adding on a flight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Had an hour long group interview and they told us they will make a decision weather to offer the job to someone or call us back for a second interview next week. Waited for 2 weeks when they decided we need to come in for a second. The second was 2 hour long in a freezing dinning room. To do a computer test by typing up a word document, basic excel and creating a power point slide. Waste of time!

Interview Questions

• 1. Analyzing their quarterly balance sheet and talk about as many things as possible.
      2. Benefit of a credit unions compared to banks   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Tulsa, OK) in June 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an employee for a Financial Analyst position. I had an initial phone interview with the HR which had some case and as well behavioral questions. After few days I was called for an in person interview in Tulsa OK. The interview difficulty was average to easy. The culture is laid back as you would expect in that location. The questions were more related to your background and finding a ft in terms of professional experience/education and the business

The overall experience was great. The interviewers were quite calm and laid back. There were only 3 other candidates for the position.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you interested in the AA?
      2. What differentiates you ?
      3. What are the challenges in the airline industry?
      4. What are the operational model of an airline industry?
      5. Questions on recent merger?
      6. Culture fit questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Behavioural interview on campus. Then they flew me to Dallas office after delayed flight. It was only for a half day and they rushed me even though I arrived 2 hours late. Lady picked me up smoking cigarettes. I walked out

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Round 1. Phone screening. A couple of why AA+mini cases questions. Round 2. A situational caculating case using excel
    Round 3. On site interviews