American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Interviews at American Airlines

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I heard back from them in a week for a video interview. I thought it was waaay easier than United. I didn't get to fill in the time limit but i wss able to complete each answer in between a minute which was allowed. I think I did great now playing the waiting game.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about moving to a new base   6 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

My timeline so far with the application process:
    I applied on 10/19, did the Assessment on 10/20. I got my invitation to do the VI on Monday and I just did it on 11/10.

Interview Questions

• I found all the questions on Glassdoor. I only had 4.
      What excites you about moving to a new city directly after training?
      Tell us about your best team effort?
      Tell us about how you adapted to a difficult situation?   8 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I applied on 10/15 submitting my application. Prompted an hour later to take assessment. Invited to do VI (Video Interview) on 11/7. The waiting game is the hard part. Been trying to do my research before the VI. I'll post after it's done and if I hear back.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

The interview itself was pretty relaxed you are seated with a great group of people and after a while you start to feel like you are not being watched anymore, personally what I found most stressful was the waiting periods in between the application the video interview and the f2f

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AA?   4 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Airlines in November 2016.

Interview

I just finished with my video interview. They asked me to describe a time that I had to work as a team. What was the most exciting thing about becoming a flight attendant. What was most exciting about relocating. Describe a difficult situation. Would i have a problem adhering to the tattoo and piercing policy. Now I'm just waiting to hear back for the face to face interview.

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

American Airlines flew me out to Dallas. Arrived to training center with multiple other candidates. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel comfortable.

First part, sat at a table with 7 other people. Got to know them. Played an ice breaker game. One group at a time went to the front and presented.

Second part, we were split up into different groups and asked 3 questions.

Last part, information about the position and walked out by a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant.   1 Answer
    • Describe a challenging situation with a guest at work.   Answer Question
    • What was your most recent act of kindness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on November 2, 2016. When you get in the meeting room, you check in, choose a table with other applicants and fill out a survey. Then you give them your passport date and you get a name tag. After that, you do the traditional "get to know me". Then, the recruiters break everyone off in groups of 8 or 9 and take you in a room with 2 recruiters and you get asked 3 questions and they look to see who is going to answer them first. Later, we went back to the meeting room and learned more about the job and then played the waiting game. They called on you based off of if you were a local or not. I was one of the last to be called because I live in Dallas. The recruiter who interviewed me for my F2F was super nice and then he made me answer about 4 questions while going over my resume. The last step was to do a reach test, fingerprints, strap yourself into a harness and do background papers. The recruiting team told us that we would all find out in 2 weeks at the latest. I left the interview feeling happy and confident! It was the best experience and the recruitment team made it feel so welcoming and relaxed! I hope that this helps. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have questions!

Interview Questions

• They asked me on a note card who I would choose to fly with for 12 hours and why?   3 Answers
    • In a group interview, they asked us to tell them about a time when we had to deal with a difficult customer, what actions were taken and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • What we wanted to be a flight attendant and something about ourselves?   Answer Question
    • If I would ever have a problem wearing their uniform and if I would ever consider wearing something on my uniform that was not part of their dress code policy.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Interview process was great. Everyone treated you as if you were already hired and as a family. It also allowed you to be comfortable and not nervous during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you took the initiative to correct a situation   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I submitted my application online and heard back in two weeks. I was invited to do a video interview. I only made it through the first interview, which is an automated video interview. It asks you a question, gives you 60 seconds, and then records your response. It really freaked me out so I didn't do well. They mostly ask customer service related questions. I think if I prepared more by studying my questions and answers and practicing, I would have done much better. There are 5-6 questions.

Interview Questions

• They are mainly customer service questions. Stuff like, how did you handle a difficult decision. Describe a time you had to work as a team to accomplish a task. Sorry, I was so freaked out the whole time I don't remember the exact questions.   1 Answer
    • Would you be able to follow our dress code policy (natural hair, no visible tattoos)?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online a fill out a very very long question section. They are personality questions. You will then receive a video interview request where you answer 5 to 6 questions. It is required and they give you time from reading the question to recording your answer to think of a response. The questions where exactly like the ones I found on glassdoor before so do your research and you will be fine.