American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.8

656 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied and then I received an email to do multiple choice questions survey and then I got another email saying I did not get the job boo.. i'd rather work for Delta anyways

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Like they said in the job description, they're looking for " A warm welcome, gracious service and a safe and comfortable feeling, makes our customers' journey something they will always remember. " " If you are a highly customer-focused individual who strives for the best and takes pride in getting the job done, we would like to hear from you." "Competent in handling difficult situations, problem solving and complaint resolution
    •Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; friendly reception of all customers"

so you gotta be super likeable and smooth with people. aka getting nervous about the interview will be your demise as you must be in a comfortable excellent mood.

I think I did well in the video interview and now I'm waiting for a chance in person. I really hope it works out as I really want to do this and blew it with delta and united. I think the key is being normal and having confidence in yourself. anxiety will be a death

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in July 2016.

Interview

1- Applied online
    2- One week later I received the invitation for the video interview

I did the video interview today so now I have to wait, so far that's all I can share.

To submit this review Glassdoor required to put the outcome, that's why I put YES to the offer but the truth is that I'm still in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what was your best customer service experience.   1 Answer
    • Can you please tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a difficult situation?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about one of your best team interactions.   Answer Question
    • What do you think would be the most rewarding part of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • What excites you about the possibility of relocation to a different city inmidiatly following training?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in March 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online early January. Got asked to do online interview 3 weeks later. Heard back early March and interviewing face to face tomorrow in Dallas. Keep you all posted.

Interview Questions

• What do you know and like about American Airlines culture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Charlotte, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

Death by firing squad would have been less painful. Longest day of my life! Flight to interview at 5am. Interview began at 8am. All 100 people in the room stood up front and introduced themselves and said one thing that made a great flight attendant. You need to stand out on this intro!!! People were called out of the room after this and never returned. Then you go to a room where they check that you can fit in a jumpseat and reach the overhead bins. The interviewers will make small talk with you while you wait your turn. Don't be too chatty. Listen to what others ask and the interviewers answers. Smile and observe. Stand out just enough but don't be too pushy. More people called out after this step. Then one by one the remaining candidates were called into a room to do an individual interview. They ask questions about past expierences at work. How would you... Name a time when... After about 6 questions they send you back to the room where all the remaining candidates are waiting. More people are being called out and never returning. It felt like survivor, people were being voted off the island. Finally they called out 28 candidates and put us in a separate room. We were put in groups of 4 and given a list of items and told to put them in order of how important they would be in an airplane crash. DO NOT ARGUE in your group! Thats an immeadiate dismissal. Just go with the flow. The test isn't real they just want to see how well you work with others. Two people were dismissed from this activity for fighting. After a few minutes the interviewers came back into the room and told the remaining 26 (out of two rooms of 100 people that morning) that we were hired!!! It was 4pm at this point. After filling out paperwork and going back to the airport I wasn't home until 9pm.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were happy and unhappy with the number of hours you worked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied in October of 2013, received an email/call to do a camera interview where they ask you 6 questions recorded - about two weeks later received an email advising me of my progression, took about another two weeks before I got an update profile email to resubmit to next phase of the hiring process. Received an email a month later and a call setting up a f2f group interview, assessment day as it's called, I'm not going to elaborate too much on this, as it's the same as many other people on here.. but I will tell you, just be yourself and breath, it's important that you don't look too nervous, show some personality, you're going to love it... I would say the interview process is hard depending on your ability to adjust and keep calm in all the excitement of being there, ya know?

They'll have you do a lot of things, Fingerprinting (background), DOT paperwork, reach test, medical exam, Language test, agility test, but they're there for you every step of the way, they'll answer all questions and are very patient, AWESOME Team they have!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were proud of something you did within your company or team   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process has been really fast, i have a face to face on 10/19!! i'm so excited but really nervous!! I know that they are very keen on people who are relatable and friendly. Do you have any tips for someone who has their first face to face?

Interview Questions

• What made you want to be a flight attendant? Name a situation at work that you are proud of? What are you most excited about if you had to relocate to a new city? and there were a few others   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in April, 2017 and within a few days received a test online. In about one month I received invitation to video interview. I waited 5 months before I received an invitation to face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when yoy had to deal with a difficult customer service experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Brooklyn, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

On-line Interview.. It was the most uncomfortable interviewing process that I have ever experienced. I was presented with a question...given one minute to think about how to answer the question..and then I was 'timed" for three minutes, (I could actually see the timer!) Absolutely NO feedback...NO one-on-one interaction with another human being. VERY IMPERSONAL. Honestly, I cannot fathom conducting an Customer Service interview in this manner!!!!!!!!!! I believe that at the very least, a telephone interview is much more beneficial than having to respond to interview questions to a BLANK computer screen. I realize that this the 'wave of the future' and companies are forced to be creative to save time and money, but I do not believe that the On-Line interviewing process the way it is currently set up, is the most beneficial way of selecting candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult Customer Service situation...how did you resolve it...and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for American Airlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview process takes place in a group of 20 to 30 people. There, you have a very short amount of time, approximately a minute to introduce yourself to the group and the recruiters. After some formalities you get to interview with a smaller group of 7 to 8 candidates and two recruiters in separate smaller rooms. There, you get to answer three questions. After that everybody goes back to the big room and wait to be called. You are either escorted out of the building which means no job offer or you get to go on to a face-to-face.

Interview Questions

• What would be the title of your autobiography?
       If you could have dinner with anybody, who would it be and why?   2 Answers