American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied and then I received an email to do multiple choice questions survey and then I got another email saying I did not get the job boo.. i'd rather work for Delta anyways

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Like they said in the job description, they're looking for " A warm welcome, gracious service and a safe and comfortable feeling, makes our customers' journey something they will always remember. " " If you are a highly customer-focused individual who strives for the best and takes pride in getting the job done, we would like to hear from you." "Competent in handling difficult situations, problem solving and complaint resolution
    •Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; friendly reception of all customers"

so you gotta be super likeable and smooth with people. aka getting nervous about the interview will be your demise as you must be in a comfortable excellent mood.

I think I did well in the video interview and now I'm waiting for a chance in person. I really hope it works out as I really want to do this and blew it with delta and united. I think the key is being normal and having confidence in yourself. anxiety will be a death

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in July 2016.

Interview

1- Applied online
    2- One week later I received the invitation for the video interview

I did the video interview today so now I have to wait, so far that's all I can share.

To submit this review Glassdoor required to put the outcome, that's why I put YES to the offer but the truth is that I'm still in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what was your best customer service experience.   1 Answer
    • Can you please tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a difficult situation?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about one of your best team interactions.   Answer Question
    • What do you think would be the most rewarding part of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • What excites you about the possibility of relocation to a different city inmidiatly following training?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in March 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online early January. Got asked to do online interview 3 weeks later. Heard back early March and interviewing face to face tomorrow in Dallas. Keep you all posted.

Interview Questions

• What do you know and like about American Airlines culture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Charlotte, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

Death by firing squad would have been less painful. Longest day of my life! Flight to interview at 5am. Interview began at 8am. All 100 people in the room stood up front and introduced themselves and said one thing that made a great flight attendant. You need to stand out on this intro!!! People were called out of the room after this and never returned. Then you go to a room where they check that you can fit in a jumpseat and reach the overhead bins. The interviewers will make small talk with you while you wait your turn. Don't be too chatty. Listen to what others ask and the interviewers answers. Smile and observe. Stand out just enough but don't be too pushy. More people called out after this step. Then one by one the remaining candidates were called into a room to do an individual interview. They ask questions about past expierences at work. How would you... Name a time when... After about 6 questions they send you back to the room where all the remaining candidates are waiting. More people are being called out and never returning. It felt like survivor, people were being voted off the island. Finally they called out 28 candidates and put us in a separate room. We were put in groups of 4 and given a list of items and told to put them in order of how important they would be in an airplane crash. DO NOT ARGUE in your group! Thats an immeadiate dismissal. Just go with the flow. The test isn't real they just want to see how well you work with others. Two people were dismissed from this activity for fighting. After a few minutes the interviewers came back into the room and told the remaining 26 (out of two rooms of 100 people that morning) that we were hired!!! It was 4pm at this point. After filling out paperwork and going back to the airport I wasn't home until 9pm.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were happy and unhappy with the number of hours you worked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied in October of 2013, received an email/call to do a camera interview where they ask you 6 questions recorded - about two weeks later received an email advising me of my progression, took about another two weeks before I got an update profile email to resubmit to next phase of the hiring process. Received an email a month later and a call setting up a f2f group interview, assessment day as it's called, I'm not going to elaborate too much on this, as it's the same as many other people on here.. but I will tell you, just be yourself and breath, it's important that you don't look too nervous, show some personality, you're going to love it... I would say the interview process is hard depending on your ability to adjust and keep calm in all the excitement of being there, ya know?

They'll have you do a lot of things, Fingerprinting (background), DOT paperwork, reach test, medical exam, Language test, agility test, but they're there for you every step of the way, they'll answer all questions and are very patient, AWESOME Team they have!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were proud of something you did within your company or team   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

Applied in November, completed my video interview in December and was invited to a f2f in Dallas on Feb. 28th. Accepted offer the next day on 3/1.

F2F- The interview layout is exactly how it is on previous posts. The recruiters are very friendly and some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to interview with. (Group activity, Group interview and then a one on one interview if you make it) is the flow of things. Just relax and be yourself. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Timeline- Applied 10/20 - Video 11/26 - F2F 2/9
    PLEASE READ! Dress as a flight attendant. I can't stress this enough, head to toe. Pull your hair back, red lips, minimum jewelry, button up top or dress, JACKET (it's business), pants or pencil skirt, tights or stockings, WEAR THEM, nice dress shoes. Look the part you are applying for!

Face to face breakdown: There are 4 tables set up in the room, 8 people at each table. You start with a writing assignment. Then you move into the group activity. You all have 5 minutes to come up with 3 things you have in common and then one thing others get to guess about you. Then it's presented in front of the other groups so they're able to guess "who's who". Smile, interact with your table, and talk to everyone. They are watching you at all times. Then they break you into other groups and go into another room to interview with 2 recruiters. They ask, tell me about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant. This goes in order of how you are sitting. Do NOT say you love to travel. Figure out another way to state it. Then they ask, in any order, "a time where you handled a difficult customer service situation". Have this planned out and ready for the day. Explain the situation and how you solved it. The next part is the random card questions. They give you a card, you lay it face down until you stand up and answer it. I will post those questions below. After this is finished you head back into the room and watch a presentation, continue to smile, ask questions and enjoy your time. They will slowly start to pull people out for a one-on-one. There are 4 recruiters that have been in the room all day and then there are random ones that start pulling people. The ones that you have seen before are pulling people to take them to the shuttle, the ones that you haven't seen all day are pulling for a one-on-one. If you make it to the one-on-one you pretty much have it. They ask the basic, tell me about yourself, why do you think you're a good fit for a flight attendant, what does customer service mean to you, what are some challenges you think you'll face, how do you start a conversation with someone, what does the uniform mean to you, do you have any tattoos. When they ask you if you have tattoos, BE HONEST! I have 7....two of which are on the top of my foot. Although I was wearing black tights, I still covered them up to show that they would never be a problem. If you don't come with them covered and they ask to see them, you will not get the job. Be smart and respectful. They want to hire you but they want to make sure they can trust you to keep them covered at all times while in uniform. I was then offered CJO on the spot. Signed papers, got my fingerprints take, fitted for jump seat and reach test. Just waiting for my 'official' letter to put in my 2 weeks at current job and training starts in 3 weeks! Good luck to everyone. They told us they had 330,000 applications so to make it to the F2F is a huge step. If you don't make it the first time, get back up and try again!

Interview Questions

• Who would you pick to sit next to on a plane for 12 hours?   9 Answers
    • They last time you received an act of kindness or gave it?   Answer Question
    • What was your last social media post?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Got my F2F invite on Friday! I applied back in November and submitted my video interview on December 2nd. Thank you to everyone on here for all of the useful information. It's nice knowing what to expect.

Interview Questions

• The questions I was asked for my video interview are all here from other posters.   21 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted the application at the beginning of January. A week later I received a invitation to do the video interview. They give you 5 days to complete the interview. I found the video interview extremely awkward, and felt that I basically bombed it. However, I still haven't heard anything back yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• I apologize I don't exactly remember the question's they asked in the video interview. But, I think one of the questions was something along the lines of: What excites you about relocating to a new city after training?   1 Answer