American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It's as everyone else describes it, though getting fingerprinted is not a guarantee. I went through the F2F, fingerprinted, reach test, and still did not get the offer. I found the F2F to be a relaxing interview process, very quick. There was a short written component, a group interview, then the one-on-one.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I decided to apply online last minute. I was called for an interview and then invited to do to Dallas for another interview. After I was told that they were offering my the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for American?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Lake Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online early January, a few days later I received email invite to complete online test, application, background etc. Received video interview invite first week of February. Asked 5 "behavioral technique" interview questions. They're all on Glass door; just read through previous posts and write down as many questions as possible with your answers. Study! Invited to Dallas for F2F interview in mid March. When I was asked for the 2 closest airports that I would like to fly out of she asked if I knew the airport codes. Luckily I did! Follow all instructions on email, I arrived at airport 2 hours before my flight as instructed. Took the shuttle to their training center, didn't check in. I was there early so I introduced myself to other candidates and made small talk. Begin as a group interview with ice breaker and then split off into groups of under 10 with 2 interviewers. Everyone is very nice and makes you feel comfortable. However, they are constantly watching every move and taking notes. Just try to remain professional and SMILE! The first 2 questions they ask are the same, the 3rd you select from a deck. I was nervous and not very polished. They have fake smiles plastered on their faces the entire time everyone is responding, you really cannot tell how you did. You return to the main room for a presentation on the company, the pay, benefits etc. Then they randomly call you out one at a time by the # on your nametag. You follow them to either another room (for a one on one, background, fingerprints) or to the lobby area to pick up the shuttle. I went the latter route. My "one on one" was walking rapidly to the lobby with another woman interviewer. She made it sound like she wanted to get to talk with me, asked one question (while walking quickly, in my heels that had stretched out) then asked if I had any questions for her. At this point I had a bad feeling, and was right. Most everyone was waiting for the shuttle. We were done 45 minutes early. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• If a genie could grant you three wishes what would they be ?!?!?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an invite to do VI and then an e-mail for a F2F.
    Flew to Dallas, took the interview (friendly environment)
    Was escorted to a hallway and told where the exit was and information for the flight back home.
    Didn't get finger printed or a 1:1 interview (that's how you know if you pass to the next stage from group interview)

Interview Questions

• Tell us an experience when the customer was in a challenging situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied 12/21/16 and was asked to complete the online assessment. On 1/19/17 I was asked to complete the video interview and submitted it 1/23/17. I was contacted 3/10/17 to schedule my F2F and flew to Dallas on 3/17/17. I received my CJO on 3/23/17.

Video interview was relatively easy just make sure you do your research and prepare - all of the questions you need are on here. Make sure you look the part and have a good background.

F2F was a good and fun experience! You get to the room where everyone meets and you do a group activity with the people at your table. After the group activity you break off and do a group acitivity with two recruiters asking the questions. After the group acitivity you all go back to the main room and listen to a presentation about the job and the company. During the presentation you'll be called out one by one and you either go back to the shuttle or you get to the one on one and do the tests. The recruiters made it such a fun and enjoyable experience and the people that were interviewing with me were some of the best people ever. All I can suggest is act yourself, dress the part, and prepare. It's impossible to tell what they are looking for. Good luck to everyone and be proud of yourself for making it as far as you have!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Can you adhere to the strict policy of no tattoos, no piercings, no crazy hair styles?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to deal with a bad customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you experienced great customer service.   Answer Question
    • What excites you most about moving to a new city after training?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring part was okay. Just be yourself, they made it as comfortable as possible. We go to know everyone that interviewed and meet the flight attendant. The activities we done will really make you feel least nervous

Application

Interview

I applied online back on January 5th, Did a video interview in late January. I was offered to do a Face to Face interview in Dallas at headquarters which I accepted, they flew me out there and back same day. THe face to face interview is 4 hours long and started out in a group setting, where the host talks about the airline and what being a flight attendant entails. then you do a group activity where you write characteristics that you and the others at your table have in common, and one characteristic about each of you that is unique. then you go in front of the room and present the characteristics as a group while one of the other tables has to guess what unique characteristics match which person. After that the reqruitement team will pull 6-8 people at a time to go in to a group interview where 3 questions are asked, 2 for everyone to answer and one additional question that you randomly select from a stack of cards that they hand out, you can not loot at your card until you are prepared to answer. after this you go back to the main room and wait to be called out for one on one interviews. this is done in order of when everyone's return flights are scheduled to depart. after the one on one they may choose for you to do a Reach Test to make sure you can reach the overhead bins without issue, and also have you sit in a Jump Seat to verify you know how to buckle and also make sure you fit properly, before or after this they may have you also provide your Passport so that they can take a photocopy along with a 2nd form of ID, and also request you to fill out an authorization for Background Check and then go in for fingerprinting of all ten fingers.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult customer experience you have had and how did you handle it?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online on 11/08/16 and the same day they send me an e-mail to please fill out an online assessment and on 11/23/16 they e-mail me a video interview invitation and you have 5 days to completed and I took it on 11/25/16 and on January 30th, 2017 I send them an email asking about my video interview that I took 3 months ago and the next day they send me an e-mail that I was not selected for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Apply online, then do a video interview, then they fly you down to Dallas for both group interviews, then eventually just individual with a panel of about 5 from hiring team. They ask pretty easy questions I thought the interview did a really good job of trying to actually get to know you as a person.

Interview Questions

• If I could go anywhere in the world where would I go and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Overall, it took 2 months from start to finish. First filled out online app. Then got a phone call to make sure all my info was still the same a week later. Then a phone einerview answering scenario questions. A week later, invited to the face to face interview where we did grow interviews and one on one interviews. A week later, invited to do the physical test to see if i can perform job functions of bending down, lifting have stuff ect. A week later inited bad for medical testing. A week later fired the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer   1 Answer