American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

It is a very long process to finally get the job from the time you initially complete the online application. It has all been stated before but first step is a questionnaire, then a video interview, then a group interview in Dallas. If the group interview goes well, they will take you right afterwards to a one-on-one interview with a recruiter. If all that goes well, then you have a conditional employment offer contingent on the basis that you fulfill all of their requirements, including a background check and drug screening. Shortly after, they will contact you and tell you when your training date is.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   2 Answers
  • What do you know about American Airlines culture?   Answer Question
  • If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be?   1 Answer
  • What company comes to mind when you think about excellent customer service?   Answer Question
  • What was your last Facebook post?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

Applied in November, completed my video interview in December and was invited to a f2f in Dallas on Feb. 28th. Accepted offer the next day on 3/1.

F2F- The interview layout is exactly how it is on previous posts. The recruiters are very friendly and some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to interview with. (Group activity, Group interview and then a one on one interview if you make it) is the flow of things. Just relax and be yourself. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It's as everyone else describes it, though getting fingerprinted is not a guarantee. I went through the F2F, fingerprinted, reach test, and still did not get the offer. I found the F2F to be a relaxing interview process, very quick. There was a short written component, a group interview, then the one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Why is the uniform important?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

They have you take an online test and I didn't get further than that process. The test features a range of questions about your personality and what you would do in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Do you like being around people or like being by yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied 12/21/16 and was asked to complete the online assessment. On 1/19/17 I was asked to complete the video interview and submitted it 1/23/17. I was contacted 3/10/17 to schedule my F2F and flew to Dallas on 3/17/17. I received my CJO on 3/23/17.

Video interview was relatively easy just make sure you do your research and prepare - all of the questions you need are on here. Make sure you look the part and have a good background.

F2F was a good and fun experience! You get to the room where everyone meets and you do a group activity with the people at your table. After the group activity you break off and do a group acitivity with two recruiters asking the questions. After the group acitivity you all go back to the main room and listen to a presentation about the job and the company. During the presentation you'll be called out one by one and you either go back to the shuttle or you get to the one on one and do the tests. The recruiters made it such a fun and enjoyable experience and the people that were interviewing with me were some of the best people ever. All I can suggest is act yourself, dress the part, and prepare. It's impossible to tell what they are looking for. Good luck to everyone and be proud of yourself for making it as far as you have!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Can you adhere to the strict policy of no tattoos, no piercings, no crazy hair styles?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to deal with a bad customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you experienced great customer service.   Answer Question
    • What excites you most about moving to a new city after training?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Hi guys ! I was hoping you guys could help me out I just got invited to my face to face in Dallas I have a tattoo on my ankle and a tiny one on my finger they are bother coverable with makeup can I still attend the interview or will they not except tattoos at all

Interview Questions

• What was one of your proudest moments   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

A few years ago I had international flight of AA and saw some flight attendants were rude and chewing gums while they serve. And yesterday I saw another flight attendant was chewing gum ( I think it is rude ) while she served on the plane to Dallas for f2f interview.
    All the questions for f2f interview were relating about customer service. In my opinion,They look for friendly, positive,well groomed people. So I wonder they select and train those who friendly, bubbly people for the job and in reality why I've never seen any AA flight attendants who are well mannered ones?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in December and was asked to do the video interview in February. After the video interview, I received a call to set up a face-to-face interview just a few days later. I have not yet had my face-to-face but the video interview was simple and very easy. You should be able to find all the questions on here!

Interview Questions

• What is your best customer service experience?   1 Answer
    • Can you adhere to the strict tattoo and piercing policy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online early January 2017. 3-4 weeks later I did a video interview (5 or 6 questions, all of which I found on this website/forum). 3 weeks after that I was invited to a face to face interview. Called and set up a date for the f2f for 6 days later. We sat at tables of 8, there were about 40 of us there. We did a writing exercise, a group interview, slide show, and then some people were called out for an additional one on one interview/drug test/fingerprinting. Best advice is to be positive, engage with other candidates, have fun, and BE YOURSELF.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • What does the flight attendant uniform mean to you?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online back on January 5th, Did a video interview in late January. I was offered to do a Face to Face interview in Dallas at headquarters which I accepted, they flew me out there and back same day. THe face to face interview is 4 hours long and started out in a group setting, where the host talks about the airline and what being a flight attendant entails. then you do a group activity where you write characteristics that you and the others at your table have in common, and one characteristic about each of you that is unique. then you go in front of the room and present the characteristics as a group while one of the other tables has to guess what unique characteristics match which person. After that the reqruitement team will pull 6-8 people at a time to go in to a group interview where 3 questions are asked, 2 for everyone to answer and one additional question that you randomly select from a stack of cards that they hand out, you can not loot at your card until you are prepared to answer. after this you go back to the main room and wait to be called out for one on one interviews. this is done in order of when everyone's return flights are scheduled to depart. after the one on one they may choose for you to do a Reach Test to make sure you can reach the overhead bins without issue, and also have you sit in a Jump Seat to verify you know how to buckle and also make sure you fit properly, before or after this they may have you also provide your Passport so that they can take a photocopy along with a 2nd form of ID, and also request you to fill out an authorization for Background Check and then go in for fingerprinting of all ten fingers.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult customer experience you have had and how did you handle it?   2 Answers