American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.8

680 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I applied back in July, after about a week I received my email to do a video interview, the questions were exactly what everyone else has explained.. if you get invited to a face to face the person in your group interview is actually the person who saw your video interview. After a long 3 months I received an email being invited to the face to face interview which I went to on October 18th, 2017. At the face to face we did a group activity with everyone at your table, then went off into group interviews & then individual interviews... nobody found out that day if they moved forward or not. Two days later I received an offer email which I accepted on the same day. I have yet to hear anything else back about when training will be starting or anything but the experience was amazing and everyone at American was amazing!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   12 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First you do a assessment that is multiple choice on what kind of person you are and how you would handle certain situations. If you pass that, you do an online video interview with 5 questions. If you get through that, you are invited to a group interview. It is very rushed. You do a small activity with a group where you have a fun fact about yourself and people have to guess which fact belongs to who. Try to be the person who presents, they like to see people taking charge and not being afraid to talk in front of others. After the activity, they do the group interview where you are asked 1) say a little about yourself 2) describe a time at work where a customer wasn't happy, how did you handle the situation 3) this question was randomly picked and you had to stand up to read it and answer it. the question I got was tell us about your most recent travel experience. After the group interview, you are brought back to the room with everyone and go through a power point about American and about working at American. After this you are either walked out or brought to an individual interview (they lie and say there are no individuals taking place). If you don't get the individual, you will receive an email within the next few days saying you didn't get the job. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe your self and tell us why you want to be a flight attendant.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I submitted a resume and received an email offering me a video interview to be completed within 5 days. The interview was not with a live person, but was responding to prerecorded questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have tattoos, piercings or non natural hair color?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied on 10/22 for LOD position. Got an invitation for an assessment the next day. Video interview invitation on 10/27. Completed on 10/30. Face to face interview invitation 11/9. I have a face to face interview on 11/15.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to answer a question in the language you applied for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Hi guys. I am so excited today because I got my CJO from last weeks F2F. I get so much help by reading past posting on Glassdoor and Indeed Forum since I applied this job! IT's super helpful that get things ready from the resources.
    I can totally understand how tough is the waiting when you actually start the application till the minute you get your CJO. SO I WILL SHARE SOME TIPS WITH YOU GUYS who is passionate as me to be a flight attendant !
    TIMELINE;
    phone call for scheduling F2F: 10/4
    Interview at DFW training center: 10/11
    CJO offer received :10/13

About Video Interview:
    1.dress like a flight attendant.
    2. Please do some research about video questions. Prepare your answer for it , recommend to use storytelling method to answer questions. You may need to really think about why you want to be a flight attendant, with WHY+Personal background+why you want to go with AA
    3.Smile and being polite, answering with confidence face. try to have one point that really attract their attention.

F2F
    -Dress exactly like a flight attendant. suit, black tight, blue scarf ( I personal think if you can wear a scarf that will be a great bonus that you may looking professional and prepared. When onsite , I wore one scarf, meanwhile I noticed barely people wear it, so I think it will be a bonus showing to recruiter that I really prepared.good sign.
    -Interview Process
    1.Teamwork. It's a fun game . really take it easy. I recommend to sit on the tables close to the front ( where the host is presenting PPT). Recruiters are around to observing at this moment. Please show them that you are active, love to participant with table mates. when there's a short time to do the group presentation, please speak with smile face, confidence , clear words and straight standing post)
    2. Group interview. This is a time you have to keep in mind. You will be reviewed and observed by 2 recruiters in a panel. Their judgement will 80% to 100% to decide if you will go for the final 1on1 talk. Trust me! Because I see that they already decide to have you selected or not after the group panel. SO NOW. It's your time to show your professions about customer service and your motivation for them to decide if you can handle this FA position. PLEASE make your answer CLEAR, TARGET, AND SIMPLE BUT WITH A THESIS. This is how i made my answer.There's a girl she is trying to say she has tons of customer service across different fields and years. However this is really meaningless to me when you try to tell recruiters you have working for years but no focus. SO don't to demonstrate that you have tons of customer service and skills without any specific focus. QUESTION for you in this panel interview is : YOU really need to think about an answer that let them remember you but don't be so exaggerate. OR your demonstrate your attitude for serving people and how you can be flexible if you are a FA. do story telling is a good way.
    3. After the panel, when people were calling out for sending to shuttle or another 1on1 . There is a sign that i summarize. if the person calling you out is the recruiter who didn't show up in the former interview process. THEN you have 99% to go for 1on1 and get the CJO. IF you get send to shuttle directly, then you lost.

I hope my experience help everyone who are still in the game.
    Please always be prepared, confinement ,plus. really think and oral practice WHY YOU WANT TO BE A FA WITH AA.
    Offers for those who got prepared! You got this, if not this time ,next time then.

Interview Questions

• tell us a situation you have a challenging customer   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in November 2017.

Interview

Smooth process! Glassdoor provides the best insight for helping you pass your VI! Still waiting to hear back but feeling confident about the process so far. Go to youtube to get details and examples on how to dress/make-up ideas.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a challenging customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online a couple months ago. I was then asked to do a video interview. After 2 months I got invited to do a face to face interview! My interview is tomorrow in Dallas!

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to adapt to a difficult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied, got a video interview which I did at home and a few months later got an invite for a face to face interview in Dallas TX. Everything went well and I answered all my questions without any slips and with a smile on my face but unfortunately was not picked. One thing I dont like about this process is that they can discriminate or eliminate you just bc one of them dont like you and you could never know. I agree with the other reviews, if you were not taken to get fingerprinted & do the reach test you were not picked. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Who would you fly with if you had a very long flight?   1 Answer
    • Tell me of a time where you had a hard time in customer service and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Chandler, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

Very professional video interview over the computer. The process overall took about 30 minutes of continuous questions explaining my work ethic and why I would like this position for the American Airlines.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Did video interview in summer 2017 and got a late call back for a face to face this month, October. AA courteously is flying me out to Dallas for the interview.