American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.8

656 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Just doing this review because I submitted my application as well as the questionnaire. Tomorrow makes it 3 weeks since submission and I haven't heard anything. However, my profile was updated on the 18th. Anyone else have this much of a delay?

Interview Questions

• Personality test for assessment.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I first applied for American on around May 16th, 2017. It's my 4th or 5th time applying for a flight attendant job and I used all of my past experiences as well as interview questions that were specific to American from Glassdoor, plus some youtube videos and online articles. The flight attendant position is not an easy one to get and it was clear to see who in the group had prepared for what the career entails and who hadn't. If you are not passionate, and if you haven't done your research on the career and on the specific company, you won't get it. I posted a review on here a while ago but it was unfinished and through another account I think, but I'll quickly sum up the steps in the interview process. The first step is actually applying for the job. I went through their website online- make sure to have a good resume for a flight attendant (customer service experiences especially- anything about safety is also a plus). The next day I got a link to the online assessment- just a quick test with a few personality questions and situational questions. I didn't receive my invitation for a video interview until June 1st- over 2 weeks after initially applying. I don't remember all of the questions anymore, but generally they ask about customer service experience, why the flight attendant career is right for you, why American, plus if you're able to adhere to the no tattoo policy, etc. The customer service/diversity aspects are the most important things to American so if you want to be prepared, just think of every possible costumer service story- your best and worst qualities, how you treat difficult customers, how to give someone a good experience, etc. For the video interview, dress as if you are going to a face to face. (Business attire- dress like you are already a flight attendant- red lipstick for ladies- neutral colored nail polish- neat hair- etc.) Have a very professional background, I had a world map on the wall behind me in my room. There were about 6 questions and you look at your face on the screen as you can read along with the questions as they come up- they are read out loud by a voice as well. You have I think maybe 30 seconds-a minute to read each question and prepare, and then something like 3 minutes to record each answer. It's nerve wracking at first but everyone who I've talked to at face to face interview felt their video interview was awful- but it got them through. As long as you look professional and give good enough answers you should make it. I felt it was my best video interview yet (the 4th one I had done) and so I was surprised when I wasn't responded to for 2 months. I got a phonemail from an unknown number on probably July 28th, and it was a man inviting me to a face to face interview on August 15th in Dallas. Living in New York, I would have to fly to Dallas. The flight itinerary and face to face details emails were sent to me a little over a week later and the flights were paid for and everything. The interview itself was 12:30-4:30 but for me the day started at 3am getting up to get ready for the airport, and ended at almost midnight when my flight finally landed. The face to face is a long day, consists of a few presentations and group activities and interviews. It's all very simple and common sense if you actually study and prepare by knowing about what they're looking for. There were maybe 50 people there and it seemed like there were a good amount of us who got a final short face to face interview at the end with a reach test, sitting in the jump seat and copying the passport- but there were also a good amount who didn't do any of that. I hear it's a good sign to do a reach test and all that, and it seems like it would be, so I'm hoping I'll get a CJO before this weekend! They say they'll let you know within 2 weeks, I really hope it's within 2 days!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Name your most valuable customer service skill   1 Answer
    • Why American Airlines, and not any other airline?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

The interview process is really a waiting game. I applied on May 17th. I was offered a video interview on June 15th and completed it on June 19th. I have not heard anything yet about a ftf but my application status is still in progress. You have to be patient throughout the process. The video interview is only 5 questions. Make sure you have a stable internet connection and a plain background. Dress the part of a flight attendant (white blouse, black blazer, red lips, and low bun) and do your research on the company. The questions can be found on several posts from glass door. I also watched several Youtube videos on video interviews. I am saying yes I was made an offer because I want to continue to remain positive.

Interview Questions

• 1. What excites you most about moving to a new city?
      2. Most memorable customer service experience.
      3. Are you able to adhere to policies about tattoos, piercings, and hair?
      4. Why do you want to be a flight attendant with American Airlines?
      5. I can't remember the fifth question but it was listed on glassdoor   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

Interview

Applied online and received a video interview about a week later (6/7), to which you had five days to complete (6/10). I was "in progress" for about two months and my date had changed twice before I finally got the email for a f2f (8/23). They flew me out to Dallas the morning before and I highly recommend you to request this.

Walked into a room where about 40 of us were sitting at tables and waiting while socializing. There was about 6-7 of us placed at each table. We did a group activity first where they observe you and how you interact with people. Recruiters are walking around and really observing you while taking notes. After the group activity, they called us out in different groups where we were placed in a different room and had a group interview with two of the recruiters.

First we all answered the same two questions. Then we were each given a different card with a question on it that we were not able to look at until it was our turn to read and answer the question. After the group interview, we watched a video about the company and was able to ask questions. During the question time, we were each called out one by one. This is where you find out if you get the job or not. If they take you to another room to ask more questions, do a reach test and a jump seat test, you got it. But if they walk you out towards the exit and pretend to ask you other questions, you didn't get it. You won't know if you got it or not till about a week later. They did it a little differently than I had read on here. It seemed like the ones that weren't going to get a CJO were all called out first as the recruiters returned back rather quickly. However, as it started narrowing down to about 15 people in the room...they were taking longer. I was the last 5 in the room and was taken into a small room for one on one with a recruiter then did jump seat & reach test, plus photo with my passport. The others who were the very few in the room towards the end received the same. I am expected to know for sure within a week!

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant?   1 Answer
    • The flight attendant training is very demanding for 6 1/2 weeks, do you feel like you have a good support group that will cheer you on during it?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you feel is important for an American Airlines flight attendant to have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

After reading many of the other GlassDoor answers on here, I'm sure you have an idea of the process, so I am going to skip forward into "what I wish I knew." (For those of you who do not know, it is simple; application, assessment quiz, video interview, face-to-face). I will focus on the face-to-face because the others are a little more simple.

I flew into Dallas for the interview.
    In my specific interview day (there were 2 other days to interview), we had about 50 people.
    DRESS PROFESSIONAL. I cannot express this enough. Do not wear anything tight fitting (you are not applying to be a bar tender), have clean AND SHORT nails (please please do not have acrylic, long nails), watch your hell length (2-3 inches only), hair clean and away from face (you do not have to have a pony-tail/bun, as long as you're not messy), red lipstick is okay (go with your coloring... if you look best in pink, like I do, go for it. You do not have to have red lipstick, but you do need to wear lipstick in general!), lastly, WEAR TIGHTS!

Once you arrive you will be escorted into a conference room with others. You will sit at a round table, with about 8 others where you will play a get to know you game (be outgoing here! People will be walking around with clipboards). Next, you will be called into "interviews." About 8-9 others will join you. Here you will answer the questions I have listed below (try to talk about yourself in a very subtle way, aka don't talk for ages... they want quick and direct answers!). Lastly, you will be place in the conference room again and from there they will tell you about the job, and call you out individually.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which a customer was upset, but you found a solution?   1 Answer
    • If you were on a flight for 24 hrs, who would you choose to sit next to you and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a little bit about yourself AND why do you want to be a flight attendant.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Applied online in early June 2017. Took an online assessment 6/18/17. Invited to continue the process with a video interview on 8/4/17. Still waiting to hear back on the video interview. Questions were not difficult - there were 5 or 6 of them. In the video interview, the question appears and is read to you, then you have like 60 seconds (if I'm rembering correctly) to think of what you will say then it begins recording you. You click stop once you complete your response and it moves on to the next question. Video interview is not with a live person. Dress professioanly and have an appropriate background!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant for American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Describe a memorable customer service experience.   Answer Question
    • How has your past experience prepared you for this job?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to meet appearance standards (no crazy hair or visibile tattoo)?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Took the assessment on June 14th . Received video interview July 28th. Took interview 5 days later and still waiting to hear back! Put I accepted because when they call me for a face to face I'll accept! Speak it into existence!!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY).

Interview

Exact questions mentioned here. Study these forums and you'll be fine. Don't think I have an offer as I was not fingerprinted or drug tested but the process was listed here. Very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What do you think our customers value in a flight attendant?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had forgotten about it, just when I received an email saying I could take an online video interview. I received the email invitation on August 4, 2017 and was given 5 days to take it. First you answer 5 general questions about citizenship & dresscode, then you begin the video portion. You are given 1 minute to listen and read the question and 3 minutes to respond. I was asked 6 questions. I have not heard back with my results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

Interview

The process as what you read prior, the biggest difference since classes are filled for 2017. American is looking to fill the 2018 classes, which means no paperwork, drug screens or background checks.

Overall experience was good, I made new friends which is a plus. The last part of the interview is the 1:1 interview, which means they walk you done the hallway and ask how your experience was and provide you a paper with your shuttle bus information for the airport.

If you did not do the reach test you'll receive the TBNT email within 3 days.

Good luck everyone.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why do you want to work for American.   2 Answers