American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Friendly, easy and comfortable questions. I felt I did really well but then they walk you out and ask what your contacts are and trek you they'll let you know the outcome by email. I would rather know then and there. If you go straight to fingerprinting, you're basically in.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most rewarding part of being a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in December 2016 and received an offer to do a video interview a couple of weeks later. After completing the video interview, I was offered a face to face about a month later.

I went to Dallas for the face to face where we had to complete a group activity, group interview, and were brought out one by one and told we would know the results within two weeks.

I had been through this process a little over two years ago and everything was exactly the same until the very end when everyone was brought out one by one. Last time, there were only 4 of us selected to do a one on one and then went through fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last place you visited.   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Here is my timeline:
    Application/Assessment: 10/13/16
    Application updated: 11/07/16
    Video Interview Invite: 11/10/16
    F2F Invite: 12/08/16
    TBNT: 12/21/16

My best advice for passing the Video Interview is to give yourself scenarios for each question, but do not actually practice what you will say. By doing this I feel like you stay more genuine with your responses. Every question for the Video Interview I was able to find on Glassdoor.

F2F. This is a long day. I was flown out very early in the morning and did not return home until midnight. (The flight is provided by AA) I wore my interview clothing on the plane and I brought a carry on with a change of clothes for after the interview. They let you store your baggage in a room while you are in the group interview, so it is perfectly fine to bring luggage. I was advised against wearing bright colors so I stuck to black. A few candidates who got to the next step were in bright colored blazers, tops, suits, etc... I really think AA looks past what you are wearing. When you sit down you'll fill out a paper, they'll ask for your passport expiration date and ask if you brought any letters of recommendation. (very few people did, I didn't even think to bring any)

The group exercises are really fun. They do a good job making you feel welcomed, the facility is very nice too. I chose to sit with the girls I arrived on the bus with and I probably shouldn't have. Recruiters want to see how you interact with everyone, so don't cling to the first person who chats with you. (I personally think a few candidates are planted there to say outlandish things so the recruiters can see how you react. That is the only way to justify the things one person at my table was saying.)

After the ice breaker we are assigned to groups of 8-10 for a smaller group interview. Everyone in the room answers the same question except for the last question which is randomly selected from a card. I feel like the more information you give in your answers the better. I noticed the people who were selected were some of the candidates that had the most to say when answering. I'm not saying to ramble on and on...the star method is probably best if you can remember to touch on each step when answering.

I can't really say what the recruiters are looking for. One girl in my group said she didn't know why she wanted to be a flight attendant and she made it to the next round. I know you aren't supposed to say things like, "I want to travel or I love the benefits" but I was very surprised by her answer. (haha, maybe the recruiters were too) Talking about SAFETY does not guarantee you to the next round either.

After that group interview we were brought back to the main room to watch a presentation about the company and an overview of flight attendant duties. You can also ask any questions after the presentation. It took about 20-30 minutes. After this is when the recruiters are coming back to call people for one on ones. Of my group of 35-40 I believe about 8 were selected to the next step. They tell everyone that they are going to verify information with you, and call you out one at a time regardless. I was chosen near the end of the pack. The room was cold because there were maybe 10 people left. They tell you no one hears right away and this is true. Even those who make it to the finger printing and one on one interview don't know same day. I noticed that the people who were selected took a R, and those were not took a L once they exited the door. This could be just a coincidence but it panned out pretty accurately. When I was called (went L) I was walked to the front of the facility by a recruiter and given a slip with my flight and gate number info on it. There were quite a few people waiting for the next shuttle back to the airport.

I will be reapplying (your timer starts from the day you submitted your first application) come April. This was a very good experience. I learned a lot from watching my successful peers. The key really is being able to interview well. Practice makes perfect. Best of luck to you!

Interview Questions

• Group Activity: What is something about yourself someone wouldn't know just by looking at you?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Completed video interview 11/23 and I am still waiting for F2F... has anyone completed the video interview around the same timeline as me and heard anything? Im getting anxious because I really want to know if I made it to the next step. Thank you.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose American Airlines?   9 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and over a month later I received an email with an invitation for a video interview to be completed within 5 days. The email contains a link to access the instructions for setting up the audio and video on your computer or mobile devices. Plenty of opportunity is given to test the audio and video settings and instructions/questions are clear and easy to comprehend. All of the questions in my interview I found on Glassdoor so I was well prepared since I wrote them down and studied a couple of days before I did my interview. I watched a ton of videos on youtube as well about how you should dress and the types of questions that are asked. After the interviewer asks a question you have one minute to think about your answer and three minutes to deliver your response. I was nervous about it being timed with no retakes but if you practice your answers before hand you should have plenty of time to respond. I kept my "cheat sheet" beside me just out of view of the camera and reviewed my answer to the question just before answering. I picked a quiet place with a plain background and good lighting. I spoke clearly and sat up straight in my chair. I also made sure to look straight at the camera instead of at myself on the screen. I also tried to smile as much as possible even while talking. It has been three days at this point since I completed the video interview and I have not received a response yet so hopefully I will get a F2F offer soon! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What excites you most about moving to a new city after training?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the most rewarding part of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to adapt to a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Are you able to adhere to the strict tattoo/piercing/hair policy?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to work as a team effort.   Answer Question
    • How many years of customer service experience do you have?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Video interview was mostly situational questions. You have 2-3 min to answer about 6 questions and record each answer. It's an awesome, easy process. I'm fortunate my dad does a lot of hiring in his office so he prepped me. Most importantly look at these questions and prep, prep, prep. Prep til you're confident!

I passed this video portion. I am still waiting for my in-person interview at the end of the month

Interview Questions

• Recommend looking up STAR method and formulating situational answers accordingly   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back about the face to face interview that did their video interviews in or around November? I did my video interview on 11/28 and I still haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be a flight attendant?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY).

Interview

F2F Interview: I had my interview yesterday and I prepared as much as a I could online and doing my research but nothing prepared me for my nerves! I had to fly from California and be in Texas by 12:30 for the interview I was up at 2:30am to make it get ready grab all my stuff take an uber to the airport and go! I landed at 12 and the interview begins at 12:30 I rushed and changed in my heels in the restroom at the airport. I wore a navy dress and a tan coat since I thought it was going to be freezing! My hair was down! This review is basically to tell everyone how to dress I wore a new navy dress I had bought and like I said had my hair down.. once I arrived everyone was wearing a blazer a white collared shirt and a skirt basically and their hair up! I automatically felt insecure since I did not get the memo to dress in black and to have my hair up. I think it went alright but just ensure you wear your hair up and I would do three pieces instead of a dress. I guess it did make me stand out! Lots of girls were even wearing scarves around their necks to look the part. My main regret was subbing my blazer for my blazer type coat since I was terrified of the 45 degree weather. It was actually a warm 45 which I've never heard of since I'm from California!

I did not expect it to be so competitive. A lot of the girls were very fierce and surprisingly not very friendly! I think it was their nerves and how much they wanted the position. My advice is to stay friendly- you are not competing for the same job- they have lots of available slots! So please stay friendly and respectable to the other girls there! Wait your turn to speak and appreciate the other girls responses. Everyone tried so hard and looked so good! I hope we all make it!

I would also suggest not to have a lot of coffee before the interview. I had a lot since I was up at 2 but I think the caffeine made me have anxiety and more nervous. I'm usually amazing at interviews and this time my answers were mediocre and my voice was trembling.

Flight Attendance Interview

Interview

Apply online and then you will receive an email to get a video interview, your next step will be a face to face interview and then you will be trained. Pass all the tests and then you will be in!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My advice is that you always say that you have a flexible schedule!

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online, took the personality assessment, soon received an invitation for a video interview (11/10/15) to be completed within 5 days (with reminder e-mails sent before deadline). After completing the video interview (11/15/16), I finally received an invitation (1/5/17) to the face to face interview on January 23, 2017. I'm very excited!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   7 Answers