American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.8

612 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Timeline
I applied on June 7th and received my questionnaire on June 8th. I received a request to complete a video interview on June 19th. I have 5 days to complete it and plan on completing it on June 23rd. I am looking for advice.

Interview Questions

• I have not been asked any questions to date   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I just received email for video interview; haven't done it yet; does anyone have suggestions as to the interview questions? I went to be as prepared as I can be; thanks

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied and then received an email to fill a questionnaire, waiting for my video interview and trying to review questions but Glassdoor does not let me see then without writing a review myself, ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time you went above and beyond in customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Did my video interview with American Airlines two weeks ago and got called back this past week with a congratulations and got asked to come to Texas for a Face-2-Face Interview on the 28th wish me luck.

Interview Questions

• What is the most exciting thing about moving somewhere new after training?   6 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

I am in the middle of the LONG process for a flight attendant position. After the application process, a few days later I received an email with a questionnaire which is the second step in the process. About 3 weeks later, I received an invite to do a recorded video interview. I did the video interview on June 26, 2017. I am waiting for an invite to a group interview which I understand takes approx 3 mo. I called and checked on my application process and was told they received my video and after review they will email me either way, to proceed to next step or not.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult customer service situation you encountered and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why will you make a good flight attendant?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I have a question. I accidentally pressed the finish button before I answered the first question not knowing how it works. I answered the remaining five and six question I felt pretty well. Do you think this will affect my interview?

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had good customer service.   1 Answer
    • Name a time you dealt with a upset customer   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Applied for Flight Attendant position Nov. 2016, received email almost immediately after submitting inviting me to complete assessment. Completed online assessment (plenty of other resources on here for assessment, mine was too long ago I can't remember too many specifics). Received invitation to complete video interview roughly a month later. They give you 5 days from when they send the email so to be safe I completed my interview within 4 days of the original email. I made sure I was very prepared, found all of the questions here on Glass Door and made sure to practice talking to the camera, making sure to look directly at the camera as much as possible and also trying to smile as much as I could. Dressed like I would for a face to face interview and had just a blank wall behind me, no outside/background noise. Much easier and shorter than I imagined, only about four questions. They about a minute to process the question and then I believe three minutes to record. In February, received an email saying that I had not been selected. Just recently re-applied, and was asked again to complete the video interview, was not asked to complete the assessment again which I thought was interesting. Hoping that I can streamline my answers and make it clear how passionate I am about being a flight attendant. Hope this was somewhat helpful! Good luck everyone

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online/completed assessment (06/05/2017), got an invitation to do the video interview within the next 5 days (06/07/2017), completed the video interview on 06/09/2017 and now just waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about potentially moving to a new city?
      Can you adhere to our tattoo, piercing, and hair policies?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

Sent in resume yesterday 6/23 around 12pm
    2pm received the online assessment
    7pm received video invitation

All in one day, definitely the quickest process I have gone through.

Submitted my VI this morning, now waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Name a memorable customer service experience   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to deal with an upset customer   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be an American Airlines flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • What excites you the most about moving to a new city after training?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied online, I took the Personality next the day after I sent in my resume. I was invited to do the video interview within a week. I'm preparing to take that now.