American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online took assessment test online one week later received email for a video interview. Taking my video interview today. Any advice from anyone who has gone through the process?!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Lake Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online early January, a few days later I received email invite to complete online test, application, background etc. Received video interview invite first week of February. Asked 5 "behavioral technique" interview questions. They're all on Glass door; just read through previous posts and write down as many questions as possible with your answers. Study! Invited to Dallas for F2F interview in mid March. When I was asked for the 2 closest airports that I would like to fly out of she asked if I knew the airport codes. Luckily I did! Follow all instructions on email, I arrived at airport 2 hours before my flight as instructed. Took the shuttle to their training center, didn't check in. I was there early so I introduced myself to other candidates and made small talk. Begin as a group interview with ice breaker and then split off into groups of under 10 with 2 interviewers. Everyone is very nice and makes you feel comfortable. However, they are constantly watching every move and taking notes. Just try to remain professional and SMILE! The first 2 questions they ask are the same, the 3rd you select from a deck. I was nervous and not very polished. They have fake smiles plastered on their faces the entire time everyone is responding, you really cannot tell how you did. You return to the main room for a presentation on the company, the pay, benefits etc. Then they randomly call you out one at a time by the # on your nametag. You follow them to either another room (for a one on one, background, fingerprints) or to the lobby area to pick up the shuttle. I went the latter route. My "one on one" was walking rapidly to the lobby with another woman interviewer. She made it sound like she wanted to get to talk with me, asked one question (while walking quickly, in my heels that had stretched out) then asked if I had any questions for her. At this point I had a bad feeling, and was right. Most everyone was waiting for the shuttle. We were done 45 minutes early. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• If a genie could grant you three wishes what would they be ?!?!?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

The VI was fairly easy. I feel like I did a great job. Unfortunately today I received an email that I had been Disqualified. Anyone know why? Anyone else have this happened? Is this just their way of saying you didn't get a job?

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment where you had customer service   4 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

They have you take an online test and I didn't get further than that process. The test features a range of questions about your personality and what you would do in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Do you like being around people or like being by yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Hi guys ! I was hoping you guys could help me out I just got invited to my face to face in Dallas I have a tattoo on my ankle and a tiny one on my finger they are bother coverable with makeup can I still attend the interview or will they not except tattoos at all

Interview Questions

• What was one of your proudest moments   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It's as everyone else describes it, though getting fingerprinted is not a guarantee. I went through the F2F, fingerprinted, reach test, and still did not get the offer. I found the F2F to be a relaxing interview process, very quick. There was a short written component, a group interview, then the one-on-one.

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

A few years ago I had international flight of AA and saw some flight attendants were rude and chewing gums while they serve. And yesterday I saw another flight attendant was chewing gum ( I think it is rude ) while she served on the plane to Dallas for f2f interview.
    All the questions for f2f interview were relating about customer service. In my opinion,They look for friendly, positive,well groomed people. So I wonder they select and train those who friendly, bubbly people for the job and in reality why I've never seen any AA flight attendants who are well mannered ones?

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair. Was called the following day to set up an interview for the following week. Did a one on one interview with an engineer from the company at my university's interview suite.

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied for American Airlines online through their careers page. The video interview can be nerve-wrecking if you're not used to recording yourself speaking to a webcam. It's good to practice a lot beforehand to get used to looking directly at the camera and maintaining a smile throughout your presentation. They give you many chances to practice beforehand including a 1-minute prep time before your 3-minute recording, but even so, let yourself practice practice PRACTICE if video recording is not something you are used to.

They questions that they ask have all been listed or explained by others, so it's best to go through the list and prepare yourself for which one they might give to you. As long as you remember how to present your answer and be mindful of the time, it is fairly straightforward process. Make sure to dress appropriately even if the camera doesn't record lower than your waist! A proper outfit will help you get into the mindset. Submitted by VI and now I'm waiting for a response. Best of luck to all!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you and/or your team had to handle a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in December and was asked to do the video interview in February. After the video interview, I received a call to set up a face-to-face interview just a few days later. I have not yet had my face-to-face but the video interview was simple and very easy. You should be able to find all the questions on here!

Interview Questions

• What is your best customer service experience?   1 Answer
    • Can you adhere to the strict tattoo and piercing policy?   1 Answer