American Airlines Bi-lingual Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Bi-lingual Flight Attendant Interview Questions

2.5

Flight Attendant Bi-lingual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The process is just as described on this site. Applied on line, video interview, 6 questions. Here are a couple of tips, wear a suit this goes for men and women. Remember you are applying for a corporate job. Dress conservatively, good grooming etc.. Do your interview in a quite place with no distractions. If you read the reviews on this site they pretty much cover the questions asked. If you are prepared the interview should only take 15-20 minutes. I chose to fly in the day before my F2F interview. I did not want the stress of a delayed flight and rushing to the interview. DFW is a huge airport and it can take awhile for the shuttle to come by. They start the interview right on time. I stayed at the Candlewood Inn and Suites. Call the hotel directly, tell them you are going for an interview. They gave me the crew rate and there is a shuttle bus that drops you off at the building. A lot of AA employees stay there. The group activity is fun, good ice breaker. Then group interview. They told us they are changing things up because of sites like Glassdoor. If you are called near to last that doesn't mean you made it to the next step. If you are not given an 1 to 1 interview, reach test and fingerprinted you will not get a conditional job offer. You will get a dear john/jane e-mail a couple of days later like I did. Super bummed out, I have a college degree, speak 3 languages, military vet and have airline experience. I am over forty and I guess they only want younger people.

Interview Questions

• If you met a genie and he granted you three wishes what would those wishes be?   6 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Bi-lingual Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

One word of advice here is to really rest before this interview. I think that this was one of my errors- flying in the same day. If you can- fly in the night before- get a hotel and really rest. I was up 12 hours even before my interview started so I was exhausted by the time I got there. Big mistake!
    When you arrive- start being social - strike up a conversation and really get engaged. I made the mistake of arriving too early with another candidate and we went out to the terrace to watch what looked like a graduation of the FA's outside. Big mistake! I really needed to have stayed in the lobby and mingled with the other hopefuls. When I came back to the meeting room (on time), the recruiter said "of you came back" as if to say- why wasn't I in the lobby with everyone else.
    During the group exercise they are watching everything so you need to be super bubbly and work really well with the others. Also made a mistake here when I was asked a question- I didn't hear the recruiters instruction. Again, spaced out because I was really tired. I saw other people do the same as I and made mistakes trying to follow the group exercise instructions- they all came on the bus back to the airport- so pay attention!!!
    Next was the group interview- also extremely strange to get to hear people's answers. This may be another mistake I made- I tried too hard to impress them with accolades from my old job. They are really there to hear your customer service experience so make it about the customer. Don't list awards or other achievements. I listed a certification they had never even heard of- so guess what- they didn't care because they couldn't relate- they had no idea what it was!! When asked what my biggest accomplishment was- I should have listed an experience with the customer and how happy I made them. I really don't think they want to know how you saved the company money or anything grand- again you are going in for a flight attendant position- not to be CEO. This portion of the interview was very odd because I thought some of the people there answered very well and were going to be picked. I was wrong again- everyone from my group interview got sent home early. I think they are really looking for good looking 21 year olds who have just enough work experience, but who are not very accomplished. I worked for a fortune 500 company for 14 years and have a masters degree- I really think, in hindsight, that I came off way too accomplished and I tried to impress them with those accolades. They are looking for young, good-looking people who are not going to ask questions. There was a portion at the end where they take questions- look out! Don't ask things that will give you away as someone who may not like training- a fellow asked if he would be able to leave on the weekends to see his family and they said absolutely not- no one can leave training for any reason. He was not picked and I think this had something to do with it. I also mentioned that I am married and that I live in a small town. Big mistake! Don't talk about your family or anything that ties you anywhere. A huge emphasis was placed on relocation, how mobile you have to be, and that you can be away from your home for up to 6 days. Even though I have no problem moving to another city at a moments notice- they didn't know that. I think when I mentioned I was married that was a huge flag for them. Again, I really think they are looking for cute 21 year olds with no family or attachments to re-build their workforce. AA is going through a huge overhaul and they need lots of new attendants. If you have a family- don't mention them and don't ask any questions about the relocation process- it makes it look like you are worried. For anyone who is wondering- I kept my mouth shut during the questioning, but watched other people stick their shoe in the mud. For the record I am 33 but I look 25 (slim, tall, bla bla bla). The only reason why I am mentioning age here is that NONE of the older candidates got picked, but the cute 22 year old blondes did. I knew that looking young and "pretty" was a huge deal- so look the part. I am not judging AA for choosing this way as it's obvious that they want to rebuild their workforce with younger people who will be there a long time- lifers.
    My biggest advice here is to be social, be very bubbly, don't mention your family or anything tying you to where you live. Make all of your answers relate to customer service and how well you have provided service to clients- don't go on about awards and other stuff not about helping the customer. This is unlike any interview you have been on- you actually need to make friends here and make sure the recruiters see you doing this. Again, if you don't fit the mold of the 20 something carefree gal- don't be disappointed if you are not chosen. Hope this helps!

Interview Questions