Find jobs for Engineering Co-Op

American Airlines Engineering Co Op Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 2.3K interviews

In Person9%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

American Airlines

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in Oct 2019

Interview

I got an interview from a co op fair at my school. The recruiters were very engaged the whole time and overall it was a good learning experience. They asked mainly behavioral questions but they will most likely ask one brainteaser question. They do this to see how you think questions through so just make sure to sound confident and don't overthink it.

Interview Questions
  • Why American Airlines?
    2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte C H, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Charlotte C H, VA) in Sep 2019

Interview

I met three employees at a job fair at my college campus, received a call that evening and an interview the following week. Interview was limited to 30 minutes and was rushed at the end, and had four employees in attendance. Went really well, then was led out of the room to speak with an HR employee who told me I would hear back in the next 1-2 weeks with an acceptance or vice versa. Didn't hear back until 5 weeks later after I asked for an update, and took another 2 weeks - 7 weeks after the interview - to find out I would move on to the second stage of application reviews, and was told it would take 2 weeks for that to happen. It actually took 4 weeks, and then I received a generic email saying I wasn't chosen. Sent the HR employee a thank you email asking for feedback, and received another generic email in response saying I was actually still in the running and would hear back in April - 7 months after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite AA airplane fleet and why?
  • How does AA fit into your future plans?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Arlington, TX) in Mar 2019

Interview

Three person panel interview, took about 30 minutes. Each member of the panel alternated asking questions. They were all very polite and not overly intimidating. Questions were non-technical in nature.

Interview Questions
  • Who is your best friend and what would they say about you?
  • While researching our company, what was the most interesting thing you discovered?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Airlines (West Lafayette, IN) in Sep 2018

Interview

Most of the interview was pretty laid back. I had a panel of four interviewers and they each spent a decent amount of time speaking on their own jobs.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Airlines

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines in Oct 2017

Interview

The interview process was very easy and welcoming. The question they ask are about you as a person not about what you know! they already have your skills on your resume.

Interview Questions
  • what was one time you were faced with a challenge and how did you overcome it?
  • why do you want to work for american airlines?
  • who is your best friend and what would he say about you?

American Airlines

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines

Interview

Didn't even apply. A recruiter got ahold of my resume, and I got a call a week later for an interview. A week after that, I interviewed. A week after that, I got the verbal offer.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Why do you want to work for American? Why did you choose your major? What do you want to do with your major? *other questions based off my experiences on resume

American Airlines

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in Oct 2016

Interview

There were three interviewers and each gave a brief description of their jobs and told me a little bit about themselves. Then they asked me purely behavioral questions and questions about my resume. These were simple questions just asking me to elaborate on certain work experiences or classes. They were incredibly friendly and the interview felt casual and comfortable. I was told that they would get back to me within 2 to 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Discuss one time you had a lot to do and needed to prioritize
  • Talk about a project or achievement you were particularly proud of.
  • What is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Pittsburgh, PA) in Sep 2015

Interview

Interviewed after meeting recruiters at a job fair. Two person panel interview. Basic interview questions followed with specific technical questions. Recruiters mainly asked behavioral questions related to the job requirements.

Interview Questions
  • How would you manage giving directives and instructions to employees much older than yourself?

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at American Airlines (College Station, TX) in Sep 2014

Interview

Very professionally conducted, down to earth interviewers, very interested, fun interview, relaxed interview, the interviewers were very open about their opinions about the company, the interviewers were light-hearted and make you feel at ease.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

I applied online for an on-campus interview. The interview itself consisted of generic behavioral character questions and was conducted by an engineering manager and a senior engineer. Nothing too difficult or surprising, and not a single technical question to speak of. Several weeks went by with no word from the company before I received an email that offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • What are three of your weaknesses and how are you working to improve them?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews