American Airlines Financial Analyst (Job Fair) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst (Job Fair) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied through Career Builder and within a few days I was contacted by a contracted recruiter. The initial phone interview was extensive since the contracted recruiter had to ask many questions that were being enforced by AA. At the end, the recruiter told me that based on my answers, he felt confident that I would be a good candidate and wanted to bring me in for a final interview (which was really a job fair). AA provided flight (in coach class) and hotel (old filthy Marriott) arrangements for free.

The day of the interview, you met many of the other candidates and were then broken up in different conference rooms. I was interviewed by several analysts before being asked to return to the "Candidate Experience Room." None of the questions asked were too difficult, but I think I got lucky because all my interviewers seemed to like my answers and didn't ask anything overly difficult. After about half an hour waiting in the "Candidate Experience Room," they announced the people who were moving to the next round and I was one of them. I then had a true final interview with a senior manager who wasn't particularly professional, but I remained calm and I answered all his questions. This guy was beyond rude and I couldn't believe his complete lack of etiquette.

Some time later, I was given an offer on the spot but I ended up declining it because it was simply too little and considering AA's critical financial condition, I didn't wish to take any chances. They were not very nice about giving you any time to think about the offer and you pretty much had to accept it there.

Interview Questions

• If you flip a coin, what is the probability of getting heads three times in a row?   1 Answer

Way too little. Sure, AA is bankrupt, but the company can't seriously think it will attract top talent by paying such meager wages.