American Airlines MBA Marketing/Strategy Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines MBA Marketing/Strategy Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

MBA Marketing/Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in October 2012.

Interview

Met with AA employee's at a diversity career fair and was told to apply online. About a week later got an email asking dates of interviews time that fit my schedule. Interviewed with a Team lead the following week.

The entire interview process was scripted from a book. The interviewer asked me a total of 7 questions, 2 behavioral while the remaining were mini case like interviews. Overall, it wasn't a difficult interview. In the end, I suspected it came down to cultural fit.

The interviewer sounded very southern while I am front the North East. While talking to him I knew that cultural would be an issue but still gave it my best. I do think that if you fit in the culture well at AA candidates can be taken in as the interviews were not very hard. Got the feeling it was an old boys club.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about managing people with years more industry experience than yourself?   Answer Question
  • "What credit card do you use and sell it to me?"   Answer Question
  • "Recently, AA has made the biggest deal in airline history to buy X amount of airlines from Y. Why do you think they did this?"   Answer Question
  • "Imagine you are a CPG company, and focus groups have indicated that consumers will 100% change brands to your product. How would you go about launching this product?"   Answer Question