American Airlines User Experience Lead (Contractor) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines User Experience Lead (Contractor) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

User Experience Lead (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I was submitted and introduced to American Airlines by a contracting agency for the user experience lead position. I went to the AA main headquarters just south of the DFW airport. A representative from the contracting agency met me in the lobby and introduced me to one of the two managers who would interview me.

The interview itself was one of the shortest and least stressful I have ever had. Two managers asked me questions for a total of only about ten minutes. The questions were high level inquiries about my professional experience and skills relative to the position. I got the distinct impression these managers already had a positive view of me from my resume and portfolio, and from the contracting agency. It was pretty much a situation where the job was mine to lose.

I was given the opportunity to ask questions, which I did for about 15 minutes. Overall the entire interview lasted less than 30 minutes. I was shown to the lobby and that was it. I received an offer from the contracting agency the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in a situation where you thought too much was asked of you? How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a contractor, I did not negotiate directly with American Airlines regarding the terms of my contract.

However, I would give this advice to other contractors: never accept the hourly rate first offered to you. You can almost always get a bit more if you ask for it. This simple rule applies to all kinds of negotiations where money is concerned: the party who suggests a price first always loses! Or at least is in a weaker position. Counter-offering and negotiation is where good deals are made.