American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,523 Interview Reviews

2.8

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job when I first met an American Airlines flight attendant that told me they were going to be hiring in May. Sure enough May 15th or so the application opened up and I applied.

Ever since then my whole experience has been EXACTLY the same as many of the people who have posted on here.

I did the online assessment in June.

I didn't hear back from American Airlines until August when I got a phone call saying I got a face-to-face. I totally forgot I applied!!

My problem was I was in between jobs so I wasn't prepared for the face-to-face interview as I would have liked. I over-thought it too much and I asked advice from friends and family and I was all in my head.

I wore an amazing dress but I couldn't afford a Blazer at the time, I couldn't afford new shoes so I wore some pumps and I didn't have any stockings on.

The week prior I had just paid for my passport because I thought you had to have it the day of the face to face and I just showed them a receipt and that was it.

They flew me out from LAX to Dallas and I talked to you those flight attendants on that flight and they gave me some advice to just be myself and smile. As soon as I got there it's a LONG walk to where the shuttle picks you up and I couldn't find where the shuttle was supposed to pick me up. The shuttle picks you up on the bottom level which they never told me that on the phone, luckily there was another person there in the same area and we were both waited together. After about 15 minutes of no shuttle in sight we decided to venture out and finally found the area where we were supposed to be!

From here the interview process and questions were exactly the same as everyone else has posted.

Group guessing game, round two move to new room answer a few questions pick a random card, answer that question. Break time. Next walk of shame to shuttle or next round 1 one 1 interview. I got the walk of shame and rejection letter the next week.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied and then I received an email to do multiple choice questions survey and then I got another email saying I did not get the job boo.. i'd rather work for Delta anyways

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (New Orleans, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

The process takes months! I thought they forgot about me. I took the video interview and it's been about 3 weeks. I'm surprised I haven't heard back. I have a feeling it's not going to be good but I am trying to stay positive. I've got a bad feeling about the interview because I messed up and it went downhill because I got too nervous. I don't do well with the video interview because there's nobody to interact with. I haven't been turned down but I haven't received an offer. I'm still waiting to hear back. They did warn me that it could take a while because' there are so many applicants. If anyone else has trouble with these video interviews and has some words of wisdom, I'd appreciate it! I'm going to check that I accepted the offer but I just didn't want to jinx myself. I haven't heard yet.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Like they said in the job description, they're looking for " A warm welcome, gracious service and a safe and comfortable feeling, makes our customers' journey something they will always remember. " " If you are a highly customer-focused individual who strives for the best and takes pride in getting the job done, we would like to hear from you." "Competent in handling difficult situations, problem solving and complaint resolution
    •Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; friendly reception of all customers"

so you gotta be super likeable and smooth with people. aka getting nervous about the interview will be your demise as you must be in a comfortable excellent mood.

I think I did well in the video interview and now I'm waiting for a chance in person. I really hope it works out as I really want to do this and blew it with delta and united. I think the key is being normal and having confidence in yourself. anxiety will be a death

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in July 2016.

Interview

1- Applied online
    2- One week later I received the invitation for the video interview

I did the video interview today so now I have to wait, so far that's all I can share.

To submit this review Glassdoor required to put the outcome, that's why I put YES to the offer but the truth is that I'm still in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what was your best customer service experience.   1 Answer
    • Can you please tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a difficult situation?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about one of your best team interactions.   Answer Question
    • What do you think would be the most rewarding part of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • What excites you about the possibility of relocation to a different city inmidiatly following training?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in March 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online early January. Got asked to do online interview 3 weeks later. Heard back early March and interviewing face to face tomorrow in Dallas. Keep you all posted.

Interview Questions

• What do you know and like about American Airlines culture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Charlotte, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

Death by firing squad would have been less painful. Longest day of my life! Flight to interview at 5am. Interview began at 8am. All 100 people in the room stood up front and introduced themselves and said one thing that made a great flight attendant. You need to stand out on this intro!!! People were called out of the room after this and never returned. Then you go to a room where they check that you can fit in a jumpseat and reach the overhead bins. The interviewers will make small talk with you while you wait your turn. Don't be too chatty. Listen to what others ask and the interviewers answers. Smile and observe. Stand out just enough but don't be too pushy. More people called out after this step. Then one by one the remaining candidates were called into a room to do an individual interview. They ask questions about past expierences at work. How would you... Name a time when... After about 6 questions they send you back to the room where all the remaining candidates are waiting. More people are being called out and never returning. It felt like survivor, people were being voted off the island. Finally they called out 28 candidates and put us in a separate room. We were put in groups of 4 and given a list of items and told to put them in order of how important they would be in an airplane crash. DO NOT ARGUE in your group! Thats an immeadiate dismissal. Just go with the flow. The test isn't real they just want to see how well you work with others. Two people were dismissed from this activity for fighting. After a few minutes the interviewers came back into the room and told the remaining 26 (out of two rooms of 100 people that morning) that we were hired!!! It was 4pm at this point. After filling out paperwork and going back to the airport I wasn't home until 9pm.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were happy and unhappy with the number of hours you worked.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines (Tempe, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

American Airlines has a unique interview process in the area I applied. I am not sure all departments do it this way, but IT Security did. All candidates are rallied for a 3-4 hour session. Each person goes several rounds of questions in various competencies, project management, leadership etc.
    The advantage to this method is that each round is assessed by the hiring team and the candidates know that day whether they have the position or not PLUS if they candidates did not make it, the hiring team provides valuable feedback. A lot of companies shy away from providing feedback and that can be very frustrating. I personally give them a 10 for being authentic in process!

Interview Questions

• The focus was around Payment Card Industry compliance and I was asked to offer information regarding recently released changes from the Security Standards Council   1 Answer

Network Planning Analyst Interview

Interview

I was told it would be a two hour telephone interview followed by further stages that may include up to 5 stages by HR. The HR person seemed very uninformed and did not follow up to inform me of outcome and when I contacted HR, they have no idea what is going on. Extremely unprofessional. Needs serious improvement in staff and recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about have you used t series test, have you use linear regression tests, etc. it was like a firing squad of questions by a robot. After 1 month after the 2hr telephone they didnt evene have deceny to notify me I didnt get the role, and when I contacted HR they have no idea what was going on. Shocking. Truly expected better standards.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied in October of 2013, received an email/call to do a camera interview where they ask you 6 questions recorded - about two weeks later received an email advising me of my progression, took about another two weeks before I got an update profile email to resubmit to next phase of the hiring process. Received an email a month later and a call setting up a f2f group interview, assessment day as it's called, I'm not going to elaborate too much on this, as it's the same as many other people on here.. but I will tell you, just be yourself and breath, it's important that you don't look too nervous, show some personality, you're going to love it... I would say the interview process is hard depending on your ability to adjust and keep calm in all the excitement of being there, ya know?

They'll have you do a lot of things, Fingerprinting (background), DOT paperwork, reach test, medical exam, Language test, agility test, but they're there for you every step of the way, they'll answer all questions and are very patient, AWESOME Team they have!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were proud of something you did within your company or team   Answer Question

Negotiation

None