American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.8

738 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied and then I received an email to do multiple choice questions survey and then I got another email saying I did not get the job boo.. i'd rather work for Delta anyways

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in March 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online early January. Got asked to do online interview 3 weeks later. Heard back early March and interviewing face to face tomorrow in Dallas. Keep you all posted.

Interview Questions

• What do you know and like about American Airlines culture?   Answer Question

Network Planning Analyst Interview

Interview

I was told it would be a two hour telephone interview followed by further stages that may include up to 5 stages by HR. The HR person seemed very uninformed and did not follow up to inform me of outcome and when I contacted HR, they have no idea what is going on. Extremely unprofessional. Needs serious improvement in staff and recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about have you used t series test, have you use linear regression tests, etc. it was like a firing squad of questions by a robot. After 1 month after the 2hr telephone they didnt evene have deceny to notify me I didnt get the role, and when I contacted HR they have no idea what was going on. Shocking. Truly expected better standards.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in July 2011.

Interview

AA hires out the HR function and they call them Talent Services, American Airlines i.e. IBM Business Services
    I have yet talked to one person who speaks clear English. They sound like they work from home and really can’t provide any details after they have called you and tell you to call with any questions you might have.
     I’ve had better experiences talking to a wall.

FYI if you live in the SEA, PDX area you can forget about a face to face interview in DFW or TUL unless you are willing to buy a ticket with no discount. This puts you at a big disadvantage right off the bat. You will find this out after you get your e-mail on June 21st stating your interview is scheduled for June 27th. Someone from Talent Services then e-mails you asking for your information for the flight so you respond on the 21st and when you don’t hear anything after days of trying to get hold of that person they call you the night of the 26th telling you that it’s a phone interview.

One would think they might check flights and city pairs before e-mailing you and calling you about flights.

Once the phone interview is complete expect not to hear anything for up to four weeks.

Then you get an e-mail that you are going to the next level, they send you a link to another company who does back ground checks. You follow the directions to a T as stated on all the forms and blocks. Once you hit submit wait for two days and you will start to get e-mail requesting copies of documents because the company can’t verify any of the information you have submitted. Ok fare enough so you send them both scanned copies via e-mail and fax. Wait another two days and you will get the same e-mails again. You send everything again and even call to verify they received the documents if you get someone who speaks clear English you lucky and I would head straight for the lotto and buy a ticket. After six days of sending items back and forth they will tie it all together. Total days sending items back and forth are about 2 weeks.

Now they are ready to fly you out for finger prints keep in mind you still don’t have the job, nor do you get to meet the hiring manager like to the others who got flights and got the opportunity to present nice clean hiring packages and examples of past work.

In short if you live in the Northwest AA is very difficult to get on with. Look at Delta or another airline. I now see why American can’t make a profit i.e. has lost money. I mean the EPS for the last four years if not more have been in the negative. Not the AA I dreamed of as a kid and always wanting to work for.

Go LUV i.e. Southwest

Interview Questions

• What aircraft have you worked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview process takes place in a group of 20 to 30 people. There, you have a very short amount of time, approximately a minute to introduce yourself to the group and the recruiters. After some formalities you get to interview with a smaller group of 7 to 8 candidates and two recruiters in separate smaller rooms. There, you get to answer three questions. After that everybody goes back to the big room and wait to be called. You are either escorted out of the building which means no job offer or you get to go on to a face-to-face.

Interview Questions

• What would be the title of your autobiography?
       If you could have dinner with anybody, who would it be and why?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was exactly what you read on here.
    -apply 5/16
    -assessment 5/17
    -video interview 6/10
    -face to face in Dallas 7/13

The group interview is fun. You play a game. Get interviewed in a small group. Watch a video. Then all of a sudden it's over. They walk out applicants one by one. I was walked out and told that I would hear something in a few days and not to believe what you read online about finding out the day of... But five days later I received an email informing me I had not been selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in July 2017.

Interview

I applied 5/31 and completed the assessment a few hours later. Had my video interview 6/21 and now waiting to hear about a f2f.

For the video interview it's important to dress like a flight attendant would!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant with American Airlines?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

A whole lot of practicing and studying! So far it's stressful, and I'm just waiting to hear back about the video interview I took about 3 weeks ago. A lot of waiting! I recommend taking all the time you can to learn and study, even right now in the waiting I'm just hoping and assuming I'll get the position so I'm studying for the f2f.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

it was a very long process and still have not heard anything back. i am beginning to lose hope because it has been almost a month since i sent in my video interview. It was berber wrecking but the glass door app really helped me.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a Trainee Flight Attendant Position 6/10/17, I received a one way video invitation on 6/19/17 and did my v/i on 6/20. I expected the questions for the interview thank you, thank you Glassdoor! I was very nervous and should have practiced more. Still hoping, my application is still in process so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thank you to everyone who described their experience! Good to luck to those lucky enough to get a f2f interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received excellent costumer service.
      Are you will to comply with the no tattoo, no facial piercings and extreme hairstyles
      Are you will to re-locate
      Tell us about how you handled a difficult situation   Answer Question